Need help regarding plain restful services

Phani Raj

May 27, 2016, 6:59:02 AM5/27/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Team ,

I am new to hippo cms 10 and i am working on implement plain rest service in my project, i had made changes by going thru the code in the url :

but i have some questions on the ProductPlainResource.java source code .

1. ProductRepresentation-- From where i can implement this and how i need to write this java class ?--Error :ProductRepresentation cannot be resolved to a type.
2.  getRequestContext--Error : The method getRequestContext(HttpServletRequest) is undefined for the type ProductPlainResource.
3. ProductBean--Error :ProductBean cannot be resolved to a type

Please let me know what should i need to write the code in these java files.
ProductPlainResource.txt

Ard Schrijvers

May 31, 2016, 3:13:54 AM5/31/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Phani,

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Phani Raj <phani2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Team ,
>

> I am new to hippo cms 10 and i am working on implement plain rest service in
> my project, i had made changes by going thru the code in the url :
> "http://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/rest/restful-api-support---plain-jax-rs-services.html"
>
> but i have some questions on the ProductPlainResource.java source code .
>
> 1. ProductRepresentation-- From where i can implement this and how i need to
> write this java class ?--Error :ProductRepresentation cannot be resolved to
> a type.
> 2. getRequestContext--Error : The method
> getRequestContext(HttpServletRequest) is undefined for the type

Easier to use RequestContextProvider.get() to get the request context.
I'll change that in the documentation

> ProductPlainResource.
> 3. ProductBean--Error :ProductBean cannot be resolved to a type
>

> Please let me know what should i need to write the code in these java files.

If you checkout the (old) svn gogreen [1], then I think from the top
of my head there is an example for ProductPlainResource. That might
help you.

Regards Ard

[1] http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-demos/hippo-go-green/tags/hippogogreen-3.09.06/

> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Ard Schrijvers

May 31, 2016, 4:49:05 AM5/31/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Phani,

what might be a bit unclear as well is that you need to extend
org.hippoecm.hst.jaxrs.services.AbstractResource and not
org.hippoecm.hst.restapi.AbstractResource. I'll add that to the
documentation as well

Regards Ard