Displaying additional information after CMS Login

Simon Knierim

Nov 21, 2017, 11:19:05 AM11/21/17
to Hippo Community
Hello,

I am currently trying to display some extra information after the user has logged in into the cms (serverinstance and deployed version should be clearly visible without extra steps). After looking into the documentation and the configured out of the box UI components I figured it might be possible to add a custom UI component to an existing cluster like f.e. the /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-header-bar which contains the autoexport plugin. Is this actually possible without overwriting Hippos RootPanel.java (or others)? If so can you give me pointers on how to configure this?

Documentation I looked through:

https://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/plugins/plugin-architecture.html
https://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/plugins/plugin-application.html
https://www.onehippo.org/11/library/concepts/plugins/ui-extensions.html

Regards,
Simon

Jeroen Hoffman

Nov 22, 2017, 5:26:15 AM11/22/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How about adding a new subnode to /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-dashshortcuts, with a custom Wicket class configuration?
No documentation page but for instance the document dashboard wizard plugin [1] adds items to the dashboard.

HTH
Jeroen

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Simon Knierim

Nov 22, 2017, 10:45:27 AM11/22/17
to Hippo Community
Thanks Jeroen,

I got it to work by using the wicket.id 'shortcut' which is used by the other plugins in the cluster as well. Also had to use the 'workaround' property for the ordering inside the cluster.

Regards,
Simon

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Simon Knierim <s.kn...@satzmedia.de> wrote:
[...]

Jeroen Hoffman

Nov 24, 2017, 4:51:37 AM11/24/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
That's good to hear Simon!

By the way, I logged https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS-10994 to rename the property called 'workaround' into something more meaningful.

Cheers
Jeroen

RSS: https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.