Broken reference on node

Alexander Rahlf

Feb 8, 2016, 4:28:43 AM2/8/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we got a broken reference at the "hippo:related" property of the "unpublished" node of one of our documents.

I tried to fix that by changing the "hippo:related" property to the UUID of the "live" node but I can't write the changes to the repository as I get the following error message:

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: inconsistent state

I can't even delete the node (nor the handle).

It takes like 45 seconds until it stops with an OutOfMemory-Exception..

Do you have any idea on how to fix or delete the broken node?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Alexander Rahlf
Softwareentwicklung

Satzmedia GmbH
Altonaer Poststraße 9
22767 Hamburg

Tel: +49 (0) 40 - 1 888 969 - 0
Fax: +49 (0) 40 - 1 888 969 - 200
E-Mail: a.r...@satzmedia.de

Individuelles E-Business und E-Commerce
http://www.satzmedia.de

Folgen Sie uns auf
http://www.facebook.com/satzmedia

Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 71729
Ust-IDNr. DE201979921
Geschäftsführer:
Dipl.-Kfm. Christian Satz

Unico Hommes

Feb 8, 2016, 5:03:54 AM2/8/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Alexander Rahlf <a.r...@satzmedia.de> wrote:
Hi,

we got a broken reference at the "hippo:related" property of the "unpublished" node of one of our documents.

I tried to fix that by changing the "hippo:related" property to the UUID of the "live" node but I can't write the changes to the repository as I get the following error message:

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: inconsistent state

I can't even delete the node (nor the handle).

It takes like 45 seconds until it stops with an OutOfMemory-Exception..

Using the checker is the way to solve this problem. You have two options. The first is to allocate more memory to the checker process. When the checker checks for referential integrity it does not only load the default workspace, but also the version history. This takes a lot of memory. Perhaps you could first do a version cleanup using the checker [1]. That way the checker might have a lot less to load when checking referential integrity.
The second option is to specify the uuid of the node you want to check, i.e. the broken node, if you can find it out. First edit the checker.properties and set the following:

# whether to check consistency
check.consistency=false

# comma-separated list of workspaces to check/fix
check.workspaces=default

# whether to check the version history
check.history=false

# whether to check referential integrity
check.references=true
Then run:
java -jar checker.jar [check|fix] [UUID]

1. Follow the instructions under the heading 'Remove Orphaned Version Histories using the Checker Tool' at http://www.onehippo.org/library/administration/maintenance/cleaning-up-version-history.html

Hope this helps,
Unico

Do you have any idea on how to fix or delete the broken node?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Alexander Rahlf
Softwareentwicklung

Satzmedia GmbH
Altonaer Poststraße 9
22767 Hamburg

Tel: +49 (0) 40 - 1 888 969 - 0
Fax: +49 (0) 40 - 1 888 969 - 200
E-Mail: a.r...@satzmedia.de

Individuelles E-Business und E-Commerce
http://www.satzmedia.de

Folgen Sie uns auf
http://www.facebook.com/satzmedia

Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 71729
Ust-IDNr. DE201979921
Geschäftsführer:
Dipl.-Kfm. Christian Satz

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)