Working with maven-release plugin

leo.geof...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2015, 9:33:21 AM3/23/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm trying to automate the version release of a hippo website using the maven-release plugin.
The main benefit from the plugin would be to auto-tag the project into git with the version release, and auto-increment the version inside all the pom files of the project.
I would like to keep working with the "dist" profile since it is the best way to deploy the application on our server.
I've done some tests but I face the following problem:
-during release:perform, the goal tries to deploy my project to https://maven.onehippo.com/content/repositories/snapshots/, leading to a fail. It seems that the  </distributionManagement> from hippo parent project (hippo-cms7-project) is used instead of mine.
-I didn't find a way to activate the "dist" profile during the release:perform phase.

I would like to know if the maven-release is supported with hippo-cms and if you someone has an example of it ?

Thanks a lot,
Leo G.

Jeroen Reijn

Mar 27, 2015, 7:01:08 AM3/27/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if this is possible in a nice way. You can do it by doing the normal release perform and checking out the tag of the project and then peform the -Pdist.

With the release plugin you can configure also preparationGoals (by default clean install in the Hippo project pom) after which the default goal 'deploy' is called. It might be that if you hook into this process that you will also deploy your tar.gz files of your dists in your artifact repository (in case you have one).

The dist goal by itself of course is only a profile, which makes callling the maven assembly plugin more easy to do. You could play around with the release plugin some more.

Jeroen

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam office - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston office - 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111, United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://blog.jeroenreijn.com | @jreijn | http://about.me/jeroenreijn

leo.geof...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2015, 10:45:16 AM3/27/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answer!
I didn't know about the preparationGoals , i'll try to add the dist profile in there and see how it goes!
I ll keep you up to date with that.
cheers,
Leo G.