CmsEditLink for HippoCompounds

Thobias

Nov 16, 2017, 5:36:30 AM11/16/17
to Hippo Community
Hi @all,

is it possible to have a CmsEditLink for HippoCompunds? In cant get it working. Just the document can be edited. The Edit Mode tells me, that some fields are not able to show and leads me with a link to the content viewer.

Thanks
Thobias

Tobias Jeger

Nov 16, 2017, 6:48:38 AM11/16/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thobias,

you're referring to CMS 12.0's visual editing feature, right?

If so, we have implemented support for compound and content block fields in visual editing, as long as they use their default rendering plugin in the content perspective. (If they don't, we wouldn't know what kind of user experience is provided in the content perspective, and we wouldn't be able to replicate that experience in the channel manager.) Another aspect which keeps fields from showing up in visual editing is when they have validators other than the simple "required" validator associated with them.

HTH

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Thobias

Nov 16, 2017, 6:55:15 AM11/16/17
to Hippo Community
Ups, forget to say its for version 12. :)

We are using the org.onehippo.forge.contentblocks.ContentBlocksFieldPlugin plugin.class for this. Is this a problem?

Where can i identify if the default rendering plugin is ued?

Tobias Jeger

Nov 16, 2017, 3:12:31 PM11/16/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
"org.onehippo.forge.contentblocks.ContentBlocksFieldPlugin" is right. You should check the plugin.class property of the node

/hippo:namespaces/{namespace}/{doctype}/editor:templates/_default_/{content-blocks-field}

In the recent past, I have seen a case where a pretty old project had a working but very convoluted configuration for content blocks fields.
If your project is suffering from the same problem, I would recommend revisiting the documentation on how to set up content block fields,
and examine if your project adheres to that documentation.

HTH

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Thobias

Nov 17, 2017, 4:15:58 AM11/17/17
to Hippo Community
I checked the field plugin.class and its set to org.hippoecm.frontend.editor.plugins.field.NodeFieldPlugin. Is this correct? Unfornutately the documents doesnt say anything about this plugin.class field.

The set for the compound seems to be fine.

Tobias Jeger

Nov 20, 2017, 3:27:25 AM11/20/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thobias,

I believe the plugin.class should be ContentBlocksFieldPlugin. When in doubt, use a fresh archetype project, install the Content Blocks feature through Essentials, add a content blocks field to a document (also through Essentials) and then check the resulting configuration in the repository.

cheers

Tobi