No demo content after creating a new project

Riduan Maas

Apr 23, 2015, 8:24:56 AM4/23/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com

Hello dear hippo'ers

I'm trying to make a hippo project from scratch using the hippo getting started tutorial. The hippo welcome screen recommends me to use hippo's setup application but when I do and build it again I see the same welcome screen. Although I checked  the "Add sample content" box, no demo content is loaded. After the first time it sends me directly to essentials instead of the project settings page if I click the recommended link. There are no errors in the terminal.

Since I have a mac this happens every time when I'm creating a new project. This does not happen on the mac of a colleague and we couldn't find the solution. What could it be?

Welcome screen:

Welcome to Hippo
It appears that you just created an empty Hippo project from the archetype. There is nothing to show on the site yet. We recommend you use Hippo's setup application to start developing your project.

Thanks in advance,

Riduan

Mahesh Acharya

Apr 23, 2015, 8:30:25 AM4/23/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Riduan

Did you rebuild your project after installing essential out of the box features?

Regards

Mahesh

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Mahesh R. ACHARYA
Solution Architect | Mobile: 781-640-5559Email: m.ac...@onehippo.com
Boston -  745 Atlantic Ave, Suite #703, Boston, MA 02111
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
http://www.onehippo.com/

Riduan Maas

Apr 23, 2015, 9:18:38 AM4/23/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mahesh,

Thank you for your response Mahesh,
Yes I did rebuild the project. If I install a feature it does display it in installed features.

Riduan Maas

Apr 23, 2015, 9:19:12 AM4/23/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
We just found the solution(?),  after installing the news feature also de other demo content displayed.

Regards,

Riduan

Jeroen Reijn

Apr 23, 2015, 9:41:44 AM4/23/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Well I guess you will always have to use the news feature then ;-)

Now on a more serious note, which version of the archetype are you using? I'm also running on a Mac and have not experienced the issue so far. Do you get any error messages?

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam office - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston office - 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111, United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466

Riduan Maas

Apr 23, 2015, 10:02:30 AM4/23/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeroen,

Archetype 2.00.09, just copied the commands from the tutorial
I did not get any error messages

Bert Leunis

Apr 24, 2015, 3:03:39 AM4/24/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Riduan Maas <ridua...@incentro.com> wrote:
We just found the solution(?),  after installing the news feature also de other demo content displayed.
We have run into this problem lately that features of Essentials are not installed on some machines. Devs on Mac suffer from it more than others. Because Essentials fails silently (if it wants to install an artifact that is already there it just skips that step) there is no feedback yet on failing steps. We have already an issue for it to improve that (https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/ESSENTIALS-608).

Now in your case it seems it failed on installing feature A, but when you tried to install B, that worked and also installed feature A! So it works "sometimes", which are the hardest bugs to catch. If you have any clue on what happened, we would be glad to hear it.

Riduan Maas

Apr 24, 2015, 4:58:03 AM4/24/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bert!

Long time no see, I heard a lot of positive feedback from the last group who had your training.
I don't know what the problem could be, but if I have any idea I'll make contact. Thanks again.

Regards,

Riduan

marijan milicevic

Apr 24, 2015, 10:02:33 AM4/24/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com

Hi Riduan.
do you by accident use Intellij and do you have your project open during these steps ?
If so, could you try to build a sample project and repeat above steps *without* Intellij being open. I am suspecting that it could possibly have something to do with Intellij  file cache [1]
Could you try this and see if there is any difference?
chers
marijan

Riduan Maas

Apr 24, 2015, 10:18:34 AM4/24/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Marijan,

I tried to create the project without intelliJ open but I got the same results.

Regards,

Riduan