hst:hosts and URL of the site

Rania Daflou

Oct 21, 2014, 6:25:19 AM10/21/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to get rid of the "/site" in the url of the site.
For example instead of having "localhost:8080/site/mypage", can we have "localhost:8080/mypage"?

Thanks in advance,
Rania

Bartosz Oudekerk

Oct 21, 2014, 6:40:09 AM10/21/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On 21/10/14 12:25, Rania Daflou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is any way to get rid of the "/site" in the url of
> the site.
> For example instead of having "localhost:8080/site/mypage", can we have
> "localhost:8080/mypage"?

We'd normally do this using a reverse proxy, see this[0] page on how to
configure your reverse proxy and the HST.

Kind regards,
Bartosz

[0]
http://www.onehippo.org/library/deployment/configuring/configure-apache-httpd-web-server-for-sites.html
--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
http://www.onehippo.com/

Rania Daflou

Oct 21, 2014, 6:45:09 AM10/21/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Thansk for your reply Bartosz!

Ard Schrijvers

Oct 21, 2014, 7:19:08 AM10/21/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Apart from that, you can deploy the site as ROOT.war as well, see [1],
however we strongly prefer deploying as site.war and have httpd in
front of it taking care of /site part as bartosz mentioned

Regards ard

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/library/deployment/configuring/deploy-application-as-root_war.html
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com