Upgrade Issues with hst:configurations not loading

jimmy...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2015, 4:51:14 PM11/30/15
to Hippo Community
With every upgrade to Hippo 10, that we have done, we have seen this recurring issue.  When we boot the server after upgrading to 10, none of the existing hst:configurations are loaded; a new hst:default is loaded. In the past, we have had to remove all the references in the hippoecm-extension.xml and the hst/configurations.xml files to any existing hst configurations.  Then we boot the server, and we get again only the hst:default node.  Then we import known good hst configurations, with auto-export enabled.  We see the files being created by the import and committing the changes.  Then we shut the server down again, rebuild, and start the server with "mvn -P cargo.run".

The result is that we keep getting the same path errors for all non-default hst configs:

Failed to process initialize item <CUSTOMER>-hst-hst-hst-configurations-common-hst-abstractpages: javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: /hst:hst/hst:configurations/common

If the auto-export created files, why cannot the server bootstrap see it?

Thanks,

-Jimmy

Ard Schrijvers

Dec 1, 2015, 3:52:16 AM12/1/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jimmy,

I suspect you do not have a bootstrap file that actually creates the
node '/hst:hst/hst:configurations/common'. Most likely, you have
however bootstrap files that want to add nodes below
'/hst:hst/hst:configurations/common'. Thus, make sure that you check
that you have a bootstrap file that creates 'common'. If you have one,
then most likely its 'hippo:sequence' number is higher than the
bootstrap files that create child nodes below 'common'.

Regards Ard
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com