Import SPA website as a template in Delivery Tier, but have content of site in the CMS

jacques...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2018, 9:26:17 AM3/24/18
to Hippo Community
Hello everybody,

Hope you are doing great!

Could someone please advice me about the following: If I import my SPA website as a JSP template to Delivery Tier and want to have the content editable in the CMS, how can I solve this?

Best regards
Jacques

Tobias Jeger

Mar 26, 2018, 3:52:25 AM3/26/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacques,

what about exposing your content through a REST endpoint [1], and consuming it from your SPA?

cheers

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Ard Schrijvers

Mar 26, 2018, 4:18:07 AM3/26/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jacques,

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 2:26 PM, <jacques...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd wait a couple of weeks if I were you: On short notice, we'll
release the delivery tier with what we call SPA++ integration. To
explain all the details now is too much work, but modifying an
existing SPA to then run in the CMS including content editing &
preview in channel mgr & drag & drop functionality is not much work.

So, perhaps you can hold your horses for a couple of weeks?

Regards Ard

> Best regards
> Jacques
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

jacques...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 6:51:51 PM3/27/18
to Hippo Community
Hello!

Thanks for the replies. Sounds great with the new release. I'll wait :)

Cheers
Jacques

jacques...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2018, 5:15:26 PM4/3/18
to Hippo Community
Dear Ard,
The solution you refer to, is it the one I read about in your hippo article from february 2018, which concerns your Experience API that feeds Json files to the SPA website.

Also, my website is not built yet but I'm ready to build it now in angularJS. So do you think I can build my SPA website now so it's finished, and just integrate it with your latest release when it comes or is there any reason to wait with the whole website development until your new release with the SPA++ integration feature?

Best regards
Jacques

Ard Schrijvers

Apr 4, 2018, 3:36:24 AM4/4/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jacques,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:15 PM, <jacques...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Ard,
> The solution you refer to, is it the one I read about in your hippo article
> from february 2018, which concerns your Experience API that feeds Json files
> to the SPA website.

do you have a link?

> Also, my website is not built yet but I'm ready to build it now in
> angularJS. So do you think I can build my SPA website now so it's finished,
> and just integrate it with your latest release when it comes or is there any
> reason to wait with the whole website development until your new release
> with the SPA++ integration feature?

hard to judge for me. I think one of our solution consultants
typically integrates an existing SPA (angular or react) quite swiftly
with our stack. However it might take you more time if you are not
familiar with our stack.

jacques...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 3:49:00 AM4/4/18
to Hippo Community

Hello Ardm
here is the link: https://www.onehippo.org/labs/a-new-approach-to-single-page-applications-at-bloomreach-connect-2017.html

in the article you present two options.

1. first option is to use web components inside a hippo component to create an SPA.

2. The second option (you call it EaaS - Experiencea as a Service) use your Experience API to feed json files to the client browser for client side rendering if I understand it correctly, and make the CMS preview powered by the SPA application. Of what I understand the Experience API make it possible with drag and drop functionality and to create custom components that are all rendered on client-side.

So, this 2nd option. Is it even available in HippoCMS or is this type of EaaS API only available in you Enterprise CMS for paying customers?

Best regards
Jacques

Ard Schrijvers

Apr 4, 2018, 4:31:48 AM4/4/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jacques,

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 9:48 AM, <jacques...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Ardm
> here is the link:
> https://www.onehippo.org/labs/a-new-approach-to-single-page-applications-at-bloomreach-connect-2017.html
>
> in the article you present two options.
>
> 1. first option is to use web components inside a hippo component to create
> an SPA.
>
> 2. The second option (you call it EaaS - Experiencea as a Service) use your
> Experience API to feed json files to the client browser for client side
> rendering if I understand it correctly,

Yes, but if you choose to for example run the SPA server-side on node
with something like next.js that is of course also possible: Typically
interesting for the first page requests to do server side rendering to
increase the above the fold rendering speed and then do consecutive
requests in the browser via XHR calls. Also see for example [1]

> and make the CMS preview powered by
> the SPA application. Of what I understand the Experience API make it
> possible with drag and drop functionality and to create custom components
> that are all rendered on client-side.
>
> So, this 2nd option. Is it even available in HippoCMS or is this type of
> EaaS API only available in you Enterprise CMS for paying customers?

It is the second option we are focusing on now. With the community
open source version you can build the SPA against the json output that
is generated by Hippo. The part where we support

1) The SPA to be previewed in CMS (channel manager)
2) The SPA to be altered with drag-drop functionality as if it is a
normal CMS rendered page
3) Targeted / Personalized SPA's using personalized REST responses
4) Branching SPA & running a campaign version of the SPA

will all be part of enterprise.

HTH,

Regards Ard

[1] https://www.lullabot.com/articles/what-is-an-isomorphic-application