Tagging Support in CMS with autocomplete suggestions while typing

Thomas Mühlfriedel

Nov 28, 2014, 9:57:06 AM11/28/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I need to setup Tagging support with Hippo 7.9.4 for documents and installed the CMS Tagging Addon from essentials. While it works it is not what people expect today when it comes to this type of activity.
  • after creating a new document tag suggestions seem to appear only after I first save the document which is puzzling
  • there is no changing suggestions when I type a new tag or something. I can only select tags from the suggested tags list underneath the actual tags field, I don't understand how the suggested tags are selected. It seems like the first n most used tags are there.
Ideally I would like to get an autocomplete box popping up whenever I start to type anything in the tags field.
  1. Does anyone know if there is something available on hippo forge that does this?
  2. How would I go about to implement this? Can someone point me to material that would be helpful in building such a tagging addon?

best regards

-Thomas