Workflow in Valuelist Item

nidhi....@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2015, 5:27:09 AM3/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

Is there a way to create a workflow for valuelist Item?

Thanks,
Nidhi

nidhi....@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2015, 5:58:00 AM3/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, nidhi....@gmail.com
I want to know how i can play around with valuelist item when it is changed /updated .Because i want to save the valuelist item in my elastic search server.
Please advise!!

Thanks,
Nidhi

Niels van Kampenhout

Mar 2, 2015, 4:15:23 PM3/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
If this is only about updating elastic search, you could probably use
the event bus [1, 2] to subscribe to save events and then just update
ES whenever a value list is saved? No need for extra workflow.

If you do need a publication workflow, you'll need to experiment a
bit. I haven't tested this but perhaps you can try adding some of the
workflow mixins to the valuelist type's prototype [3]. I don't know
from the top of my head but you'll need at least hippostd:publishable,
hippostd:publishableSummary and hippostdpubwf:document I think. Take a
look at the prototype of a normal document type, compare and do some
trial and error. The prototype is used to create new documents.

The workflow on the valuelist document itself should work, but the
Selection Plugins that use it might not work properly anymore.

So if you could do some trial and error and report back that would be great.

Also,

Hope this helps.

Niels

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/workflow/workflow-events.html
[2] http://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/hippo-services/event-bus.html
[3] /hippo:namespaces/selection/valuelist/hipposysedit:prototypes/hipposysedit:prototype
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 745 Atlantic Ave, 8th Floor, MA 02111

US +1 877 414 4776
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

nidhi chawhan

Mar 3, 2015, 8:18:59 AM3/3/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niels,

I used eveny bus to subscribe the save event in valuelist and followed the below url

But the save event is not triggered ...
it seems that there is no event such as save .
I tried to debug the code also while saving the valuelist item but it seems that no event is generated..
It seems that since valuelist item does'nt have any workflow so no event is generated .
Is there any other way which can generate the event when  i save the valuelist

Below is code ...debugger is not comming to handle event method .
There should be some event generated and handled by some class  for valuelist.

Please advise . it would be great help.

@Service
public class SaveEventListener
{
@Autowired
private ApplicationContext context;

@Subscribe
    public void handleEvent(HippoEvent event) {
HippoWorkflowEvent workflowEvent = new HippoWorkflowEvent(event);
System.out.println("event :- " +  workflowEvent.methodName());
}

}

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.

Jeroen Reijn

Mar 3, 2015, 10:13:35 AM3/3/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
My advise is to check the audit.log, which is generated in your local project. It will show you which workflows and which categories have been triggered upon the save action.
Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam office - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston office - 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111, United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

Niels van Kampenhout

Mar 3, 2015, 10:46:05 AM3/3/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I just had a quick look and it appears that indeed saving a value list
document does not trigger any event (at least nothing gets written to
the audit log). I see event when creating a value list, when renaming
one, when deleting one, but not when saving one. Could this be a bug?

Niels

nidhi chawhan

Mar 4, 2015, 4:22:43 AM3/4/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Yes Even i can see the same in the audit log.
Seems to be bug!!!

I need to find a other way to index the valuelist item in the ES.

Thank  you much for prompt reply .

Nidhi

Niels van Kampenhout

Mar 4, 2015, 2:16:26 PM3/4/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I created a Jira ticket for this: https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/REPO-1201.

Regards,
Niels

nidhi chawhan

Mar 5, 2015, 3:44:24 AM3/5/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Neils.

Sudharshini

Feb 15, 2017, 6:12:36 AM2/15/17
to Hippo Community, nidhi....@gmail.com

Hi,
Is this issue fixed ?  Is there a way to add workflow to the valuelist item ?

Regards,
Sudha