Error on commit document type

ardens...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2015, 7:14:45 AM8/28/15
to Hippo Community
Hi all, I have this document type which can be modified but when I try to commit changes a window pops up saying "Exception. The action failed." On the logs I can see this error:

28.08.2015 12:18:57 INFO  http-nio-8080-exec-5 [StdWorkflow.invoke:222] Workflow call failed
org
.hippoecm.repository.api.WorkflowException: javax.jcr.nodetype.NoSuchNodeTypeException: {http://www.onehippo.org/bbbranding/nt/1.0}document
 at org
.hippoecm.addon.workflow.StdWorkflow.execute(StdWorkflow.java:250)
 at org
.hippoecm.addon.workflow.StdWorkflow.execute(StdWorkflow.java:236)
 at org
.hippoecm.addon.workflow.StdWorkflow.invoke(StdWorkflow.java:220)
 at org
.hippoecm.addon.workflow.ActionDescription.run(ActionDescription.java:92)
 at org
.hippoecm.addon.workflow.MenuItem$1.onClick(MenuItem.java:50)
 at org
.hippoecm.addon.workflow.MenuLink$2.onEvent(MenuLink.java:86)
 at org
.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxEventBehavior.respond(AjaxEventBehavior.java:146)
 at org
.apache.wicket.ajax.AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.onRequest(AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.java:633)
 at sun
.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor157.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun
.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java
.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
 at org
.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.internalInvoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:258)
 at org
.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:241)
 at org
.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.invokeListener(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:250)
 at org
.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.respond(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:236)
 at org
.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:890)
 at org
.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)
 at org
.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:261)
 at org
.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:218)
 at org
.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:289)
 at org
.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequestCycle(WicketFilter.java:259)
 at org
.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:201)
 at org
.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:282)
 at org
.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239)
 at org
.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 at org
.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.login.ConcurrentLoginFilter.doFilter(ConcurrentLoginFilter.java:54)
 at org
.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239)
 at org
.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:219)
 at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:106)
 at org
.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
 at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:142)
 at org
.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
 at org
.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:617)
 at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)
 at org
.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:518)
 at org
.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1091)
 at org
.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:668)
 at org
.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1527)
 at org
.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1484)
 at java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
 at java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
 at org
.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
 at java
.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I'm just looking for guidelines where to look to solve this, I've checked several places but everything seems to be in order.

Thanks in advance!

Bert Leunis

Aug 28, 2015, 9:11:44 AM8/28/15
to Hippo Community
Not really sure what is going on. It seems that the system tries to save a node of the bbbranding:document, but that type is not declared. It should be declared in the CND for bbbranding.

When you create a new document type using the doctype editor, for example "mydoc" for namespace "myns", then a nodetype definition is added to the CND for myns by the doctype editor automatically. I have never seen this failing.

With kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Bert Leunis

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 745 Atlantic Ave, Third Floor, MA 02111

US +1 877 414 4776
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

William Borg Barthet

Aug 28, 2015, 9:16:43 AM8/28/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at your CND.. In the console, click on CND export in the top-right. Export the bbbranding namespace. It seems that it's missing the entry for this doc type. It sounds like your namespace config (hippo:namespaces/bbbranding/document) is a little messed up. It might be simplest to delete the document type from the namespace and re-create it.

HTH

William
--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 745 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02111

http://www.onehippo.com/connect/boston

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

ardens...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2015, 10:18:29 AM8/28/15
to Hippo Community
Thanks for your answers! I exported the namespace but the doc type is there, just like the other ones. Besides, the doc type that is giving problems is not document, it's another one (but document is his supertype). Should I then delete all instances of that doc type, delete the doc type and then create it again? Or is there some automatic way to do this without deleting the instances?

Thanks a lot!

Bert Leunis

Aug 28, 2015, 10:21:33 AM8/28/15
to Hippo Community
On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:18 PM, <ardens...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for your answers! I exported the namespace but the doc type is there, just like the other ones. Besides, the doc type that is giving problems is not document, it's another one (but document is his supertype). Should I then delete all instances of that doc type, delete the doc type and then create it again?
That could help yes, start with a clean slate.

Or is there some automatic way to do this without deleting the instances?
I'm afraid not.

ardens...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2015, 11:20:25 AM8/31/15
to Hippo Community
Well, apparently when I deleted the hipposysedit:prototype that generates when the type has been modified but not comitted, it allows me to commit and everything seems to work correctly. But every time I edit the type and this node is generated again, I can't commit while this node exists. So probably there's something wrong on the type but who knows what.

Thanks a lot for your help!