Tomcat does not handle any requests - Blocking cache

Thobias

Dec 6, 2016, 7:08:08 AM12/6/16
to Hippo Community
Hey everybody,

we tried to figure out why the website went down multiple times a week. The log files shows the following informations:

06.12.2016 11:11:50 ERROR ajp-nio-8009-exec-790 [BinariesCache.getPageFromBlockingCache:96] Exception while trying to get CacheKey{sessionUserID='liveuser<ffff>default', resourcePath='/content/assets/....pdf'}. Possible threading issue or high load? net.sf.ehcache.constructs.blocking.LockTimeoutException: Lock timeout. Waited more than 30000ms to acquire lock for key CacheKey{sessionUserID='liveuser<ffff>default', resourcePath='/content/assets/....pdf'} on blocking cache binariesCache
06.12.2016 11:30:30 ERROR ajp-nio-8009-exec-926 [BinariesCache.getPageFromBlockingCache:96] Exception while trying to get CacheKey{sessionUserID='null', resourcePath='/content/assets/....pdf'}. Possible threading issue or high load? net.sf.ehcache.constructs.blocking.LockTimeoutException: Lock timeout. Waited more than 30000ms to acquire lock for key CacheKey{sessionUserID='null', resourcePath='/content/assets/....pdf'} on blocking cache binariesCache
06.12.2016 11:45:27 ERROR ajp-nio-8009-exec-766 [BinariesCache.getPageFromBlockingCache:96] Exception while trying to get CacheKey{sessionUserID='null', resourcePath='/content/assets/....pdf'}. Possible threading issue or high load? net.sf.ehcache.constructs.blocking.LockTimeoutException: Lock timeout. Waited more than 30000ms to acquire lock for key CacheKey{sessionUserID='null', resourcePath='/content/assets/....pdf'} on blocking cache binariesCache

Our monitoring measured at 11:16 that the website is not available. Is it possible that it can be the blocking cache?

06.12.2016 11:11:22 WARN  ajp-nio-8009-exec-801 [DefaultPageErrorHandler.logWarningsForEachComponentExceptions:51] Component exception on de.....RootComponent : java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot get ObjectBeanManager. Cause : 'javax.jcr.RepositoryException: org.hippoecm.hst.core.jcr.pool.NoAvailableSessionException: No session is available now. Probably the session pool was exhausted.'
06.12.2016 11:11:22 WARN  ajp-nio-8009-exec-801 [DefaultPageErrorHandler.logWarningsForEachComponentExceptions:51] Component exception on org.hippoecm.hst.component.support.spring.SpringBridgeHstComponent : java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot get ObjectBeanManager. Cause : 'javax.jcr.RepositoryException: org.hippoecm.hst.core.jcr.pool.NoAvailableSessionException: No session is available now. Probably the session pool was exhausted.'

The cpu and ram wasnt next to their limits.

Any idea how to figure out, why the website was going down? Or how  to fix this.

Thanks
Thobias

Ard Schrijvers

Dec 6, 2016, 9:38:13 AM12/6/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Thobias,

Sounds like the below are symptoms of another problem, for example a
repository or database issue. Rather check the cms (repo) logs I think
for now

Regards Ard
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

marijan milicevic

Dec 6, 2016, 9:55:49 AM12/6/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Ard Schrijvers <a.schr...@onehippo.com> wrote:
Hey Thobias,

Sounds like the below are symptoms of another problem, for example a
repository or database issue. Rather check the cms (repo) logs I think
for now

in addition: " session pool was exhaustes"  often smells as a "resource leak"...long running/unfinished threads locking resources...
cheers
marijan
Regards Ard