importXML uses old java 1.4 IO

andi anderson

Jan 24, 2015, 11:53:07 AM1/24/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
we are haveing an issue with:
javax.jcr.Session.importXML(String, InputStream, int)

where due to it using old java 1.4 IO we are running out of memory in the vm. is there any way we can get a version of this as a NIO buffer for the InputStream?

we use the export and import to backpublish data to our other environments.

Unico Hommes

Jan 26, 2015, 2:48:25 AM1/26/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The memory problem with importXML is not due to the usage of old IO
but because the nodes are first read into memory before being able to
be stored. To ensure referential integrity Jackrabbit cannot persist
the imported graph at intermediate stages during the import. So
unfortunately there is not much to be done about it other than trying
to import smaller batches.

--
Unico