Eclipse dependency error on build

Adam Lafene

Feb 18, 2015, 6:59:59 AM2/18/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
We've suddenly started getting the following error when we attempt to build our project:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project nectarwebsite-essentials: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.aimia.nectar.web:nectarwebsite-essentials:war:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.eclipse.core:resources:jar:3.4.0 in http://aimiarepo:8080/repository/internal/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of aimia.internal.repo has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

As far as I know our version of this file has been 3.3, so we have no idea why it's now searching for version 3.4.

Jeroen Reijn

Feb 18, 2015, 7:55:25 AM2/18/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

it seems that one of the dependencies of the essentials dashboard is having a transitive dependency, which is based on a version range.

Not sure why it's now searching for the 3.4.0 version. I also don't see the version in maven central.

Jeroen

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam office - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston office - 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111, United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://blog.jeroenreijn.com | @jreijn | http://about.me/jeroenreijn

msim...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2015, 11:31:43 AM4/1/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but we've also started having this problem.

Is there a solution, beyond us manually overriding the version number of eclipse.core.resources to 3.3.0?

(And yes, it's weird, I can't find anywhere that indicates 3.4.0 even exists)

Thanks,
Mark.

marijan milicevic

Apr 1, 2015, 11:50:49 AM4/1/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 5:31 PM, <msim...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but we've also started having this problem.

Is there a solution, beyond us manually overriding the version number of eclipse.core.resources to 3.3.0?

(And yes, it's weird, I can't find anywhere that indicates 3.4.0 even exists)

I've already updated JDT dependencies to 3.10.0 in the trunk, I backported it just few moments ago [1]

cheers
marijan

msim...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2015, 3:23:36 AM4/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marijan.

How would I get this update? Change the essentials version in the root pom to 1.02.09? (that doesn't seem to get it)

Thanks,
Mark.

marijan milicevic

Apr 2, 2015, 4:50:49 AM4/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 9:23 AM, <msim...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Marijan.

How would I get this update? Change the essentials version in the root pom to 1.02.09? (that doesn't seem to get it)

unfortunately, it is not released yet. You can build it from sources [1] till than (1.02.09-SNAPSHOT version),
cheers
marijan