mvn -Pcargo hangs for a long duration Stating Unable to remove Lock property for jcr repository , is there any way we can avoid this

Sandeep Kumar

Jul 2, 2015, 1:19:38 PM7/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
mvn -Pcargo hangs for a long duration Stating Unable to remove Lock property for jcr repository , is there any way we can avoid this

Mahesh Acharya

Jul 2, 2015, 1:21:49 PM7/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I think a detailed error log would be very helpful to identify the real cause of the issue. Can attach logs pl.

Thanks

Mahesh

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Mahesh R. ACHARYA
Solution Architect | Mobile: 781-640-5559Email: m.ac...@onehippo.com
Boston -  745 Atlantic Ave, Suite #703, Boston, MA 02111
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
http://www.onehippo.com/

Ate Douma

Jul 3, 2015, 5:29:17 AM7/3/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-07-02 19:19, Sandeep Kumar wrote:
> mvn -Pcargo hangs for a long duration Stating Unable to remove Lock property for
> jcr repository , is there any way we can avoid this

Which version of the CMS are you using?
There have been a few fixes concerning (startup) lock management, released with
CMS 7.9.8 [1]
If you are running an earlier version it might be best to upgrade.

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/7_9/library/about/release-notes/7.9.8-release-notes.html

> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> Community" group.
> to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com>.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

mailto:in...@onehippo.com http://www.onehippo.com http://www.onehippo.org
Hippo B.V. The Netherlands Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam +31 (0)20 522 4466
Hippo USA Inc. 745 Atlantic Ave, Third Floor, Boston MA 02111 +1 877 414 4776
waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Sandeep Kumar

Jul 3, 2015, 7:43:31 AM7/3/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I am using Hippo CMS 10 . Mostly such long cargo up happens when target is already present and i restart the mvn -Pcargo

Ate Douma

Jul 6, 2015, 3:17:04 PM7/6/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-07-03 13:43, Sandeep Kumar wrote:
> I am using Hippo CMS 10 . Mostly such long cargo up happens when target is
> already present and i restart the mvn -Pcargo

Without more concrete logging info it is difficult to tell which lock your
startup is stuck on, so I'm for now 'guessing' it might be related to the following:

The known/fixed issue I referred to before also is fixed for
hippo-repository-2.28.00, CMS 10.0.1 (FCS), see [1].

In case you are stuck on that specific bootstrap initialization lock, you can
manually try the following to remove it:

- start with -Drepo.bootstrap=false
- in the console, browse to /hippo:configuration/hippo:initialize/hippo:lock
there is a menu option to unlock that node; use it
- restart with -Drepo.bootstrap=true

Ate

[1] https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/REPO-1236

> On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 10:19:38 AM UTC-7, Sandeep Kumar wrote:
>
> mvn -Pcargo hangs for a long duration Stating Unable to remove Lock property
> for jcr repository , is there any way we can avoid this

Sandeep Kumar

Aug 11, 2015, 9:31:02 AM8/11/15
to Hippo Community

I am attaching my console log . Please see if you can find any thing to resolve my problem