Migration from 7.7 to Hippo10 Release

hippo.lpd

Aug 18, 2015, 7:03:53 AM8/18/15
to Hippo Community
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest me how can i upgrade from hippo 7.7 to hippo 10. What are the requirements and what steps involved.
Thanks in advance.

a.gangadharan

Oct 5, 2015, 6:14:03 AM10/5/15
to Hippo Community
Hi
Upgrading from Hippo version 7.7 to 10.0 has not been tested and is not supported. This means you would have to go from 7.7 to 10 in 3 steps:
If you have a login to onehippo.org you should be able to access these pages.

Let us know if you need further help.

Kind regards
Anoop

New to hippo

Oct 13, 2015, 2:14:27 AM10/13/15
to Hippo Community
Hello Anoop,

I dont have login credentials and I am using community version 7 so how can I upgrade hippo.

Thanks
JB

Anoop Gangadharan

Oct 16, 2015, 9:11:39 AM10/16/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi JB,
Are you using a community edition or the enterprise edition ?
Kind regards
Anoop

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Anoop Gangadharan
Product Marketing Manager
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam | Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
Hippo Connect Boston
Sign up now for Hippo.Connect
Boston: October 1st . Amsterdam: November 5th
www.onehippo.com/connect

New to hippo

Oct 21, 2015, 7:58:22 AM10/21/15
to Hippo Community
Hi Anoop,

I am using community version. is it possible to upgrade? i am using for learning purpose.

Thanks
JB

mark.ku...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2015, 5:51:25 PM10/27/15
to Hippo Community
We also use a community edition. Is it also possible to upgrade to Hippo CMS 10? Will there be a free version of the upgrade documentation?

Alasdair Macrae

Oct 28, 2015, 10:01:36 AM10/28/15
to Hippo Community, mark.ku...@gmail.com
Hey Mark,

We recently went from 7.9 - 10.0 (community edition). I am not going to lie without the documentation this was very difficult. As we did not really have a clue where to start we quite literally went from the ground up - here is how we did it:

Essentially all of the logic inside the hst:configuation was very nearly unchanged apart from some tweaks to take advantage of the better ways of utilising prototypepages. This allowed us to setup a fresh empty project running Hippo10 and then do an xml import across from the console.

We then moved in all the Java classes, beans and params info to the corresponding location in the project src. Following that the same process for the ftl, css and js. As nearly all of the hst:configuration was unchanged this meant most of the content folder in the console was unchanged so we also xml exported this across too.

Depending on your environment setup you need to be careful with the name of the deployable .war you output as this changed for us when we upgraded causing our test environment not being able to find anything to run.

TLDR; it was a huge pain but the only we we could see how to do it was to basically move over all of our content specifics into a fresh project.

Ali

bcs...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2015, 10:07:19 AM11/3/15
to Hippo Community, mark.ku...@gmail.com
Hey hippo team,
I'm also using the community edition. Is there any official hint on how to upgrade to 10.x? Will there be a free version of the upgrade documentation? Or, if not, what would be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get it?
I'm a bit worried using a "open source" CMS where upgrading seems to be trial and error without being official customer.
I understand and respect the decision to move advanced features into a paid version, but shouldn't upgrading to the next version be free?
Greetings,
Björn

Anoop Gangadharan

Nov 6, 2015, 8:44:22 AM11/6/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, mark.ku...@gmail.com, bcs...@gmail.com, SalesOneHippo
Hi JB, Mark,
Unfortunately, the current upgrade documentation is for enterprise environments and has a focus on the upgrade tooling available to enterprise customers.
We are working on a solution but for the moment the best way to get upgrade documentation for your specific version and usage scenario is to contact us at sales@onehippo.com. Meanwhile we will update you of further developments in this regard.
Kind regards
Anoop

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Anoop Gangadharan
Product Marketing Manager
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam | Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
Sign up now for Hippo.Connect
Amsterdam: November 5th
www.onehippo.com/connect