Hippo CMS and JDK9+

Sam Fisher

May 22, 2018, 10:03:50 AM5/22/18
to Hippo Community
Hi everyone.

My Hippo project (Hippo DX 11.2.6) is using Java 8.
Is Java 9 or latest compatible with Hippo CMS?

Regards,
Sam Fisher

John Childress

May 22, 2018, 12:56:05 PM5/22/18
to Hippo Community
I was wondering the same....

Ate Douma

May 22, 2018, 3:11:37 PM5/22/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com

On 2018-05-22 16:03, Sam Fisher wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> My Hippo project (Hippo DX 11.2.6) is using Java 8.
> Is Java 9 or latest compatible with Hippo CMS?

Currently we only support using Java 8.
See also our current System Requirements page [1] for v12,
or [2] for v11 (your current Hippo DX version).

Java 9 already is unsupported by Oracle as of today since the release
of Java 10, which also will become unsupported when Java 11 is released.

We will start supporting Java 11 after it is released in Sept 2018,
because only that will get LTS (long-term support) from Oracle, just as
with Java 8 today.

HTH,
Ate Douma

[1] https://www.onehippo.org/library/about/system-requirements.html
[2] https://www.onehippo.org/11/library/about/system-requirements.html

> Regards,
> Sam Fisher
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements
> about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> Groups "Hippo Community" group.
> an email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com>.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Ate Douma
Principal Product Architect BloomReach Experience,
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.bloomreach.com - https://www.onehippo.org

mailto:ate....@bloomreach.com or mailto:hippo...@bloomreach.com
waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or
copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended
recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.