trying to make repository available on external port

Jay F

Jul 31, 2015, 9:31:01 AM7/31/15
to Hippo Community

We're using hippo enterprise edition 7.9.1 with tomcat 6.0.24 on centos 6.6

Our current instance is using oracle as an external repository, that's working fine but we're trying to replace this instance with another that does not use oracle because of reasons.

The first thing I did was to change the repository options to REP_OPTS="" That gives us a working instance of hippo, but the repository is no longer exposed on port 1099.

We need this port accessible because all of our import/export/backup tools and scripts are based on talking to the repository on this port.

I know we could just replace the oracle repository with mysql or postgres, but is it possible to expose the jackrabbit on this port without an external DB?

Jay F

Jul 31, 2015, 9:36:21 AM7/31/15
to Hippo Community, pcba...@gmail.com

I've currently got the attached repository.xml to try and run it with just jackrabbit, but this is giving me a few errors, starting with

 ERROR main [RepositoryImpl.<init>:366] failed to start Repository: Cannot instantiate persistence manager org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager
repository.xml

Jeroen Reijn

Jul 31, 2015, 10:28:05 AM7/31/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

are you just trying to expose the repository over RMI? In that case that's a setting usually placed in the context.xml file in tomcat.

Jeroen

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam office - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston office - 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111, United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://blog.jeroenreijn.com | @jreijn | http://about.me/jeroenreijn

Jay F

Aug 4, 2015, 5:51:45 AM8/4/15
to Hippo Community
Thanks Jeroen. Turns out I just needed to change the IP referenced in context.xml. With the previous setup it worked using the servers external IP, I had to change it to 127.0.0.1