Editing a Page which is created with a specific Template

Babu sankar

Oct 19, 2017, 9:27:20 AM10/19/17
to Hippo Community
Hello All,

I am new to Hippo CMS and i am trying to explore about the product.

Is it possible to edit an existing Page (which belongs to some existing Template) to add new components other than the ones which is already present during the Page creation?

Because what i have seen is that i could edit the content of the components which is already present in the page but could not add a new component (dynamically) into the page while editing !!

To make it clear if i have created a Page and if i want to add a Rich Text Component, is it possible for me as an editor?

(I have a background of AEM where we have a Parsys container which will allow the editors to add any components they want during editing the page)

Thanks in Advance for your Reply,
Babu.

Tobias Jeger

Oct 19, 2017, 9:51:02 AM10/19/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Babu,

there are several ways how you can add more content to a page:

in the Channels perspective, if you navigate to the preview version of your page, and the page contains "containers", you can add new components from a component catalog to that container, and configure and order them as you need.

alternatively, if you're driving the content of your page through the site's sitemap, such that the page primarily displays content from a specific document, you can structure the document (type) such that you can add additional blocks of content (such as a piece of rich-text) in the Content perspective of the CMS.

HTH

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Babu sankar

Oct 19, 2017, 10:44:50 AM10/19/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tobi,

I could find the component catalog and the container and exactly this is what i wanted.

Thanks very much for your quick reply,

cheers,
Babu.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.