Bulk Upload of images from external links given in excel file

hariva...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 7:55:10 AM6/22/17
to Hippo Community
Hello Everyone,

My requirement is to read an excel file, which contains -
1. links of images
2. details like title, description, and other metadata

And using this data create image nodes in hippo.

Now I read about Update Scripts and I believe i can make it work by storing the excel file in "assets" first and reading it in groovy. (I am not sure though because of the "File" restrictions in update editor)

"External Document Picker" will probably pick images one by one, so that's of no use.

"Hippo Prototype" seems to be another tool for bulk update. But since the posts referring to it are quite old, I am not sure if it is compatible with Hippo 11.2. Is it?

Of course, then there's the trusted way of using the jcr api and reading the excel file and creating nodes.

I would like to know is there any out of the box functionality for bulk upload of images??
Any existing functionality to -
1. read an external file
2. Pick up the image link from it
3. Get the image from the link
4. create multiple image nodes and store metadata along with it?

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks :)

Stefan Schinkel

Jun 22, 2017, 8:02:54 AM6/22/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
hi,

Yes we have that features as part of BloomReach Experience which requires an enterprise license.

best

Stefan

Sent from my iPhone
--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

hariva...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 8:36:31 AM6/22/17
to Hippo Community
Awesome to hear that these features are available.

However..
I'm afraid I'm not well versed with the details of Bloomreach. Will you please elaborate? :) What will I need to do/ have to avail these features?

Stefan Schinkel

Jun 22, 2017, 9:52:28 AM6/22/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
BloomReach Experience is the commercial edition of Hippo CMS. You need to purchase a license.

Sent from my iPhone

hariva...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 2:40:01 AM6/23/17
to Hippo Community
I already have an enterprise edition license. Where can i find this component?

hariva...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 3:15:02 AM6/23/17
to Hippo Community
Coz in the marketplace, there's only "Contact us" under the bulk upload component. Nowhere can I see a download or install option.
Perhaps I missed something?

Jasper Floor

Jun 23, 2017, 4:21:47 AM6/23/17
to Hippo Community
If you have an enterprise license you can access all hippo functionality. You do need to configure some things:

Also, for enterprise plugins see:

Bulk upload of images is supported natively in the gallery, but this is selecting from a file system.

This project may also help you:

mvg,
Jasper

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 9:14 AM, <hariva...@gmail.com> wrote:
Coz in the marketplace, there's only "Contact us" under the bulk upload component. Nowhere can I see a download or install option.
Perhaps I missed something?

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

hariva...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 6:18:02 AM6/23/17
to Hippo Community
Hey Jasper,
Go to https://marketplace.onehippo.com/ and search for "Bulk image upload with meta data tagging". This is the component I am trying to get in my project. What dependencies, if any, would i need for this?
How to include it in my project?

Also, to reiterate, i dont want to select the images directly from the file system. I want to read an excel file, go to the url mentioned in that excel file, get the image from that url, and then create the image node/image set. And also, store the metadata mentioned in the same excel file.

Thanks :)

Marijan Milicevic

Jun 23, 2017, 6:25:38 AM6/23/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:18 PM, <hariva...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Jasper,
Go to https://marketplace.onehippo.com/ and search for "Bulk image upload with meta data tagging". This is the component I am trying to get in my project. What dependencies, if any, would i need for this?
How to include it in my project?

As a enterprise customer, you should have access to our support team, please send a request there  (this is only community support list)
cheers
marijan