Reload updater editor registry on startup

Dave Kennedy

May 26, 2017, 3:50:51 PM5/26/17
to Hippo Community
I added a new updater editor script, which changed the file at bootstrap/configuration/src/main/resources/configuration/update/registry.xml. I updated the version of the node from 1.00.01 to 1.00.02 in the bootstrap/configuration/src/main/resources/hippoecm-extension.xml file, so it looks like this:

   <sv:node sv:name="my-project-configuration-hippo-update-hippo-registry">

<sv:property sv:name="jcr:primaryType" sv:type="Name">

<sv:value>hippo:initializeitem</sv:value>

</sv:property>

<sv:property sv:name="hippo:sequence" sv:type="Double">

<sv:value>30000.3</sv:value>

</sv:property>

<sv:property sv:name="hippo:contentresource" sv:type="String">

<sv:value>configuration/update/registry.xml</sv:value>

</sv:property>

<sv:property sv:name="hippo:contentroot" sv:type="String">

<sv:value>/hippo:configuration/hippo:update</sv:value>

</sv:property>

<sv:property sv:name="hippo:reloadonstartup" sv:type="Boolean">

<sv:value>true</sv:value>

</sv:property>

<sv:property sv:name="hippo:version" sv:type="String">

<sv:value>1.00.02</sv:value>

</sv:property>

</sv:node>

However, I don't see the new script in the list of updater editor scripts after a deployment. How do I get this thing to reload?

Woonsan Ko

May 26, 2017, 4:12:55 PM5/26/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

The auto-export probably exported the registry.xml as enhanced system view XML, not a simple system view XML, with "combine" merging option.
For that reason, that cannot be reloaded on startup unfortunately. See "Combine and Overlay Enhanced System View XML Directives" section in [1].

What you can do for now is:
- Turn off the auto-export for the new groovy updater script.
- Export each new groovy updater script node under registry node *manually* to a separate XML file (e.g, bootstrap/configuration/src/main/resources/configuration/update/registry/my-new-script.xml).
- Add an initialize item in hippoecm-extension.xml manually with version and reloadonstartup option. e.g, <sv:node sv:name="my-project-configuration-hippo-update-hippo-registry-my-new-script">

Then it will be working fine.
Unfortunately, the auto-export doesn't export each updater script item to a separate item. As a result, it's hard to use reloadonstartup option properly in practice.
There's an improvement proposal for this [1]; we will see...

Regards,

Woonsan

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02110
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466