Custom hst:type attribute values on a channel node?

Thorben Heins

Mar 22, 2017, 11:32:58 AM3/22/17
to Hippo Community
Hi folks,

we are currently looking into distiguishing diffent types of channels in our project. Anyone ever used anything else than website, mobile, ipad-magazine that are referred to in [1] ?

Greetings,
Thorben

jerr...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2017, 1:15:17 PM3/22/17
to Hippo Community
Thorben,

     We have used various custom values in order to organize channels for easier management (channel manager is grouped by type). When there are lots of channels for different regions, we have added values such as "website-europe, website-na, website-sa, etc...". We don't use channel type in any of our templates given how responsive sites work these days, so it hasn't been an issue where we wish we wouldn't have. If you use value to drive something in your templates then obviously it could be more complicated.

Jerry

Thorben Heins

Mar 22, 2017, 1:25:47 PM3/22/17
to Hippo Community
Hi Jerry,

thanks that's what I hoped. Templating is fully responsive so we'll be fine.

greetings
Thorben