Free learning towards credible credentials: OERu contribution for Open Education Week

Wayne Mackintosh

Feb 24, 2012, 7:51:37 PM2/24/12
to WikiEducator, wikieducator-teacher...@googlegroups.com, oer-uni...@googlegroups.com, OERu planning, heyw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately I find myself travelling for most of Open Education Week (5- 10 March 2012) and will not be able to participate in the live sessions :-(. Nonetheless, I  wanted to make a contribution to this important global event.

I recorded a short video to share and profile the decisive leadership of the OERu founding anchor partners who are taking action to widen access to formal education for all learners using OER courses with pathways to achieve credible degrees.

I posted the short video on the OERu homepage: http://wikieducator.org/OER_university

Hopefully Open Education Week will inspire other institutions to follow the example of the OERu anchor partners and take up their responsibility to lead more sustainable education futures. Working together, we can provide free learning opportunities for all students worldwide, especially those learners who would like access to a post-secondary education but are currently excluded from the formal sector.

Don't forget about the OERu webinar session hosted by the University of Leicester :

Tues 6 March, 9.30-11am UK time: Jim Taylor (University of Southern Queensland, an OERu Anchor Partner), Grainne Conole (University of Leicester) and Vasi Doncheva (Northtec Polytechnic, New Zealand – an OERu Anchor Partner)

Register your seat today:  http://goo.gl/ITeyy
--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation