Our first century! Free online workshop - OCL4Ed 12.06

1 view

Wayne Mackintosh

May 15, 2012, 8:26:12 PM5/15/12
to WikiEducator, wikieducator-teacher...@googlegroups.com, oer-uni...@googlegroups.com, heyw...@googlegroups.com
Wow,

We have achieved our fist century of registered participants for OCL4Ed 12.06 in less than a week!

Already 135 people from 29 different countries have signed up to share and learn about OER, copyright and creative commons licenses.

Don't be missed by your absence for this community learning event scheduled to coincide with the UNESCO World OER Congress in June. Register today: http://wikieducator.org/Open_content_licensing_for_educators/About .  (See more information below).

Please help us spread the word about OCL4Ed 2016.

If you participated in a previous OCL4Ed workshop -- please feel free to join us as a peer-learning facilitator.

Information about OCL4Ed 12.06

2012 is a significant year for open education and OER. We are celebrating 10 years since UNESCO coined the term "Open Educational Resources". In joining the global celebrations, the OER Foundation will host a free online training workshop on OERs, Copyright and Creative Commons licensing.

This is a unique opportunity for educators to participate in an international workshop.

When: 20 June -  3 July 2012 (to coincide with the UNESCO World OER Congress in Paris).
Where: Online
Cost: Free

Registrations for this celebratory online workshop are now open:  Register today to reserve your seats.

We are aiming to break our previous #OCL4Ed record of 1067 registrations, so please share the gift of knowledge and invite colleagues and friends to join us.
We look forward to welcoming you to OCL4Ed 2012.06!

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation

Wayne Mackintosh

May 16, 2012, 12:17:14 AM5/16/12
to oer-uni...@googlegroups.com, WikiEducator, wikieducator-teacher...@googlegroups.com, heyw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Anil,

Appreciate you help in getting the message out to your networks!

Enrollments are increasing steadily -- we now have 141 participants from 30 countries.

Really looking forward to this community learning event!

You know what they say - -don't be missed by your absence ;-)

I encourage all members of our lists to register today and join the global OER celebrations on the 10th anniversary since UNESCO coined the term Open Educational Resources

Wayne

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Anil Prasad <aple...@gmail.com> wrote:
GREAT! I've repeated the message in the blog  http://apletters.blogspot.in/2012/05/open-content-licensing-for-educators.html

Warm regards

Anil

Wayne Mackintosh

May 16, 2012, 12:56:15 AM5/16/12
to oer-uni...@googlegroups.com, WikiEducator, wikieducator-teacher...@googlegroups.com, heyw...@googlegroups.com
Apology for repost -- forgot to copy all the lists.

Hi Tim,

UNESCO convened and hosted the meeting where a "forum of experts"  coined the term OER. UNESCO is commonly attributed as the convener of the meeting where the term was coined.

Cheers
Wayne

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM, j. Tim Denny <john...@alumni.usc.edu> wrote:
Wayne

I  have read many times  recently that  "UNESCO coined the term OER  at a conference in 2002".   I wonder if it is accurate to say it that way.   I just read David Wileys paper  history of  OER http://www.hewlett.org/uploads/files/HistoryofOER.pdf  and as far as I can see the term is not accredited to UNESCO itself  but to a forum of  experts.

Might there be some of those people who participated in that 2002 forum on this list. Could they clear this issue up and tell me  did UNESCO the organization coin the term or not?

Cheers
Tim

j. Tim  Denny, Ph.D.
 Consultant - International Development, Education  and ICT
  SKYPE - jtdenny    Googletalk - denny.jt

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtdenny

https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/id130765695
While SAT scores might predict your success in the classroom, beyond a basic level of intelligence your passion, motivation, initiative, networking and hustle matter more than your grade-point average.  Dale Stephens founder of UnCollege.org