piHPSDR + WSJTX CAT connection

"Christoph v. Wüllen"

Oct 14, 2020, 3:49:22 AM10/14/20
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Since I was asked the same question several times off-the-list, here
is how to do wsjtx with pihpsdr:

a) in pihpsdr, enable CAT in the RIGCTL menu:

b) in wsjtx, choose the pihpsdr radio model and put the TCP port number into the SERIAL
   input field (This is not self-explanatory: in wsjtx, if the radio is connected via
   TCP, the „Serial Port“ field contains the TCP port number). The other serial parameters
   do not matter, but be sure to use „CAT“ for the PTT method.

c) If WSJTX and piHPSDR are running on different computers (but on the same network),
you also have to specify the IP address of the host running piHPSDR in the „Serial Port“
field of WSJTX.

d) Audio connection should be done using loopback devices as long as piHPSDR and
WSJTX are running on the same computer, otherwise you probably have to use two
small USB soud cards connected via audio transformers. For that reason, I recommend
running pihpsdr and wsjtx on the same computer.

Yours DL1YCF.

Steve Haynal

Oct 15, 2020, 1:24:15 AM10/15/20
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Christoph,

Thanks for this detailed and helpful post. I have added a link to this post on the software wiki page under pihpsdr:

73,

Steve
kf7o