ifelapsed/locking problems with cfengine 3.6

Bas van der Vlies

Jul 10, 2014, 7:48:43 AM7/10/14
to help-cfengine
I encounter this when we want to disable cfengine on a host. When I a touch a file in /etc/node_status/no_cfengine. This wil abort cfengine but we encountered that when run cf-agent multiple times it would still executes. I have set ifelapsed to 0 but that has no effect.

It only occurs with bundle nesting, eg:
bundle1 -> calls bundle2 —> calls bundle3

I want to know if other people has seen/notice this?

I have issued a bug report with test case:
* https://dev.cfengine.com/issues/6334

regards

---
Bas van der Vlies
| Operations, Support & Development | SURFsara | Science Park 140 | 1098 XG Amsterdam
| T +31 (0) 20 800 1300 | bas.van...@surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl |

Neil Watson

Jul 10, 2014, 8:18:07 AM7/10/14
to help-cfengine
What if cfengine_abort is set to global/namespace scope?

"cfengine_abort" expression => fileexists( $(file) ),
scope => "namespace";

--
Neil H Watson
Compliance reporting with CFEngine Community http://evolvethinking.com/products/delta-reporting/

Bas van der Vlies

Jul 10, 2014, 8:38:04 AM7/10/14
to Neil Watson, help-cfengine
Neil,

In the bug report there is an example file. It is just one file same namespace and this will trigger the problem that i described, I tried your suggestion and it did not solved the issue.

regards