Gentoo reviewer needed

Nick Anderson

Jul 21, 2014, 1:32:05 PM7/21/14
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
Can I get a gentoo user to review this updated package list regex change
to masterfiles?

https://github.com/cfengine/masterfiles/pull/285/files

Brian Bennett

Jul 22, 2014, 9:05:50 PM7/22/14
to Nick Anderson, help-c...@googlegroups.com
I don't use gentoo, but if you give me an example package list I'll take a look at it.

--
Brian Bennett
Looking for CFEngine training?

Julien Dessaux

Oct 8, 2014, 12:08:18 PM10/8/14
to help-c...@googlegroups.com, ni...@cmdln.org, brian....@verticalsysadmin.com
Hi,

Here is what we are parsing :
app-admin/apache-tools-2.2.27
app-admin/collectd-5.4.1
app-admin/eselect-1.4.1
app-admin/eselect-ctags-1.16
app-admin/eselect-emacs-1.16
app-admin/eselect-fontconfig-1.1
app-admin/eselect-lib-bin-symlink-0.1.1
app-admin/eselect-php-0.7.1-r3
app-admin/eselect-pinentry-0.4
app-admin/eselect-postgresql-1.2.1
dev-perl/Curses-1.280.0-r1
dev-perl/Date-Calc-6.300.0-r1
dev-perl/DateManip-6.410.0
dev-perl/Devel-StackTrace-1.300.0-r1
dev-perl/Digest-HMAC-1.30.0-r1
dev-perl/Email-Address-1.905.0
dev-perl/Error-0.170.210
dev-perl/Event-1.210.0
dev-perl/Exception-Class-1.370.0-r1
dev-perl/File-Which-1.90.0-r1
dev-perl/Filter-1.450.0
dev-perl/FreezeThaw-0.500.100-r1

The only rule is that the version number starts with the first dash that is followed by a digit. The behavior changed by my patch is to include the portage category in the package name (understand the package full name), since there can be duplicates without it.

Regards,
--
Julien Dessaux

Brian Bennett

Oct 8, 2014, 3:34:14 PM10/8/14
to Julien Dessaux, help-c...@googlegroups.com, Nick Anderson
When I use the expressions provided in the pull request with pcretest they don't match anything. I don't expect they're going to work.

What's the exact expected output for the name?

E.g.:

app-admin/apache-tools-2.2.27

Do you want 'apache-tools' or 'app-admin/apache-tools'? What about package names that exist in multiple categories?

--
Brian Bennett
Looking for CFEngine training?
Seats available for 4-day class beginning Feb 2, 2015
http://www.verticalsysadmin.com/

Julien Dessaux

Oct 8, 2014, 5:06:32 PM10/8/14
to help-c...@googlegroups.com, jude...@gmail.com, ni...@cmdln.org, brian....@verticalsysadmin.com
The point of the patch is to match whole package names. In the current stdlib app-admin/apache-tools-2.2.27 is extracted as apache-tools, with this patch it will be the full name.

I tested again and the regexes work. They both extract the package name and the version number properly both with cfengine and with a perl test script.
--
Julien Dessaux