How to change the outputs directory for CFEngine v2

Peter Wood

Dec 19, 2014, 1:41:02 PM12/19/14
to Help CFEngine
I'm running cfengine2 and cfengine3 simultaneously on systems that are in process of migration from v2 to v3.

CFEngine2 uses the same outputs directory as cfengine3 - /var/cfengine/outputs and every time it logs something it tricks cfengine3 into thinking that the report has changed and it needs to be emailed.

How do I change cfengine2's outputs directory location or just disable logging all together?

Thanks,

-- Peter

Neil Watson

Dec 19, 2014, 2:00:03 PM12/19/14
to Help CFEngine
I don't think you can disable cf2 logging. I always advise against
using cf3's email feature. Leads to spam. I'd disable that and using
logs and other reporting techniques to find problems.

--
Neil H Watson
Sr. Partner, Architecture and Infrastructure