hENC now on github, and an appeal

Marco Marongiu

Mar 3, 2015, 5:30:51 PM3/3/15
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

hENC, the simple external node classifier for CFEngine that I developed
in Opera and that got some appreciation in the community, is now on
github for everybody to use: https://github.com/brontolinux/hENC

This gives me the opportunity to make an appeal to the CFEngine users
community.

You as a community member can do a lot to help these contribution
coming. Give them a chance. If they seem to solve your problem, try
them; if they actually help you, contribute to them if you have a
chance; if you don’t have a chance to contribute you can at least
promote them. More than anything else, please let’s stop reinventing the
wheel every time and become good at sharing.

The CFEngine community is rather small and doesn’t have the large
ecosystem of tools that other CM communities can boast about. Despite
that, pearls like EvolveThinking’s EFL, Delta Reporting and Delta
Hardening or Normation’s NCF (to name only a very few!) are there: help
them grow, help more tools come, support developers to keep up the good
work, share and encourage sharing, contribute back if you can.

If you do, everybody wins: you win because you get more tools, and we
win because we see that our contributions are useful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-- bronto