Download link for Bite by Bite

Donna Smith

Aug 18, 2009, 8:16:26 PM8/18/09
to health-scape
Hi all.

You can download Bite by Bite: Break Free from Emotional Eating and
Never Diet Again by Geneen Roth, at the following link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1hevy0

Here's a description:

For more than seventeen years, Geneen Roth—best-selling author of
Feeding the Hungry Heart—was either on a diet or on a binge every
single day, and in the end there was one thing she completely
understood: diets do not work. Today she leads workshops around the
world for sold-out audiences, and her books have sold over a million
copies. Now, she offers listeners Bite by Bite—her essential
step-by-step program to help you determine what you are truly hungry
for, and create a healthier relationship with food. Through guided
meditations, practical techniques, and Geneen Roth’s personal
trial-by-error lessons, Bite by Bite will change the way you relate to
food, allow you to give up diets permanently, and accept yourself at
any weight.

I'm still new to sendspace, so let me know if the link doesn't work.

Enjoy!

Donna

Nancy (Loravara)

Aug 18, 2009, 9:27:33 PM8/18/09
to health...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Donna,

Thanks so much for this. I downloaded it and hope to listen to a little bit
of it later tonight.

Donna Smith

Aug 18, 2009, 9:34:13 PM8/18/09
to health...@googlegroups.com
You're very welcome. It's divided into short segments, so it's easy
to listen to it in pieces and to go back over the pieces that you want
to hear again. Let us all know what you think about it!

Donna

Lisa Salinger

Aug 18, 2009, 10:43:36 PM8/18/09
to health...@googlegroups.com
Hi, and thanks for these; they look like a great resource.
There were two books I've read from Bookshare which really made me
think. In fact, I think it's about time to read them again. They are both
very different, but very good. They are:
If I am So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight? Tools to Get it Done by Brooke
Castillo and
Water with Lemon by Stephen Moss and Zonya Foco

Enjoy.
Lisa

Aug 18, 2009, 10:57:38 PM8/18/09
to health...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Donna.
Christina

Thanks, Lisa. Both of these books look great, and I've downloaded them.

Nancy (Loravara)

Aug 18, 2009, 11:50:09 PM8/18/09
to health...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've listened to the first five segments. I find her approach empowering,
because it convinces you to stop and look at yourself, your emotions, your
hopes and dreams and goals. Often times, we put off things in our lives
until we've lost weight. She encourages us to tackle those things we want
in life right here, right now.

One quote I liked was how you do one thing is how you do everything. This
is to say that how you approach food is often how you approach other things
in your life.

I think there's some truth in this.

Just a few snippets from what I've heard already. I can't listen to more
tonight, as I must shower, and maybe validate a few chapters of Street
Magic, but I thought this was a good start.

There are always exquisitely good reasons why you turn to food when you're
not hungry.

Change and long-lasting transformation do not happen by force, by
deprivation, by guilt, by shame, or by punishment.

Diets don't work. They do not teach you how to trust yourself.

The wound is the door. The thing you consider to be your very worst
mistake, if only you could change it, wake up tomorrow and have it gone,
that very thing, which is probably in this case your relationship to food
and/or your weight, that very thing, is the door to healing. There is a
crack in everything; that's how the light gets in. The light gets into us
through our broken hearts.