Why does heartbeat only apply to master?

Mike Youngstrom

May 5, 2015, 2:05:44 PM5/5/15
to haze...@googlegroups.com
I'm still working to try and understand and duplicate the issue [0].  One question I had is why why my connection gets in this broken state does a heartbeat failure not kick in?

I found that it appears that a heartbeat failure will only cause a node disconnect/reconnect if either this node is master [1] or if this node is a slave checking its connection to master [2].  Any idea why members are not removed between slaves with failing heartbeats?

Mike Youngstrom

May 7, 2015, 12:47:42 AM5/7/15
to haze...@googlegroups.com
I got impatient and just filed an issue since I think it is a bug. :)

Mike