Haxe + Neurosky MindWave

whitetigle

Jun 12, 2012, 7:59:15 AM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I am going to release a new lib to play with Neurosky Mindwave on
Windows, Mac & Linux.
You can already have a look and download here if you plan to make apps
targetting Neurosky's headsets :
https://bitbucket.org/fnicaise/hxthinkgear/src

It is linked to another lib which I plan to release but for which I
would some help If you have any Bluetooth programming experience on
Windows / MacOSX.
The link to the lib is here :
https://bitbucket.org/fnicaise/mindwave-bluez/src

By the way, for those who would like to jump and start projects with
Neurosky I have also shared info ( sales, market, etc.. ) about how it
went for us with MindLabyrinth ( http://www.thinkslow.net/mindlabyrinth ),
a puzzle game 100% Haxe, hxcpp + NME made. It is here :
http://blog.thinkslow.net/post/24949095383/surfing-on-the-mind-waves

Cheers !
Fran�ois

--
http://whitetigle.tumblr.com/

Philippe Elsass

Jun 12, 2012, 8:09:11 AM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Does this thing really work? and do people buy it?

--
Philippe

François Nicaise

Jun 12, 2012, 9:31:49 AM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
1- Yes.
2 - Nobody knows ( but I give more explanations on my blog ).

2012/6/12, Philippe Elsass <philipp...@gmail.com>:
> Does this thing really work? and do people buy it?
>
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM, whitetigle <white...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I am going to release a new lib to play with Neurosky Mindwave on
>> Windows,
>> Mac & Linux.
>> You can already have a look and download here if you plan to make apps
>> targetting Neurosky's headsets : https://bitbucket.org/**
>> fnicaise/hxthinkgear/src <https://bitbucket.org/fnicaise/hxthinkgear/src>
>>
>> It is linked to another lib which I plan to release but for which I would
>> some help If you have any Bluetooth programming experience on Windows /
>> MacOSX.
>> The link to the lib is here : https://bitbucket.org/**
>> fnicaise/mindwave-bluez/src<https://bitbucket.org/fnicaise/mindwave-bluez/src>
>>
>> By the way, for those who would like to jump and start projects with
>> Neurosky I have also shared info ( sales, market, etc.. ) about how it
>> went
>> for us with MindLabyrinth (
>> http://www.thinkslow.net/**mindlabyrinth<http://www.thinkslow.net/mindlabyrinth>),
>> a puzzle game 100% Haxe, hxcpp + NME made. It is here :
>> http://blog.thinkslow.net/**post/24949095383/surfing-on-**the-mind-waves<http://blog.thinkslow.net/post/24949095383/surfing-on-the-mind-waves>
>>
>> Cheers !
>> François
>>
>> --
>> http://whitetigle.tumblr.com/
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Philippe

Cauê Waneck

Jun 12, 2012, 9:33:15 AM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Thanks for sharing!

Just one question: It seems you are referencing hxBlutooth, which I couldn't find anywhere! ;)

Cheers
Cauê

Cauê Waneck

Jun 12, 2012, 9:40:55 AM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Ah, sorry, just saw that it's here  https://bitbucket.org/fnicaise/mindwave-bluez/src  ;)

Nice work!

François Nicaise

Jun 12, 2012, 10:55:45 AM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yes since I have not released yet the hxBluetooth lib, you have to
download the lib from bitbucket
(https://bitbucket.org/fnicaise/mindwave-bluez) and do a make lib to
build & install the lib (only on linux).

Then to get the drivers working, you need to add a -Dlinux if you use
linux or it will fall backto macosx & windows shared JSON driver.

There are also other alternatives like using the serial lib directly.
Would you need any info, don't hesitate to contact me.

I will try to make a good doc prior to official haxelib release :)

Cheers,
François

Cauê Waneck

Jun 12, 2012, 11:19:12 AM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Very nice! ;)

François Nicaise

Jun 12, 2012, 12:19:32 PM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
thanks :)

Justin Donaldson

Jun 12, 2012, 5:17:21 PM6/12/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Neurosky does seem like an interesting peripheral.  It really works?

blog: http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd
twitter: jjdonald

Francois Nicaise