Python code generator?

KT

Mar 25, 2013, 6:14:18 PM3/25/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering, how complicated would it be to make a python code generator for haxe? On first thought it seems that it's a matter of very straightforward syntactic translation. Am I missing some tricky issues? Has anyone tried implementing one?

TheHippo

Mar 27, 2013, 8:09:48 AM3/27/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think it would be somehow possible and definitely awesome. (I mean we have code generators for Java and C++)

I read that some one is working on a code generator, but nothing public yet.

Cauê Waneck

Mar 30, 2013, 4:43:38 PM3/30/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Some time ago, Ashish has posted on the list showing interest in making a Haxe -> Python backend, and I offered to help him with the ocaml part (I have no experience at all with python). Since he's got other projects on the way, we settled to start this project in May.
If you're interested you can join us on this project, I'm still not sure how much work it will be, but there's always the 80-20 rule for haxe targets ;)

2013/3/25 KT <konstantin...@gmail.com>
I was wondering, how complicated would it be to make a python code generator for haxe? On first thought it seems that it's a matter of very straightforward syntactic translation. Am I missing some tricky issues? Has anyone tried implementing one?

Ashish Ranjan

Mar 30, 2013, 8:22:33 PM3/30/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
yup.

Ashish

Andy Li

Mar 31, 2013, 2:20:26 AM3/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm a frequent python user and very interested in beta testing ;)

Trip Gould

Mar 31, 2013, 4:43:12 AM3/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Big fan of Python.  Haxe is my first language of choice, Python my second, so if I can help with this project, I will.  Will be following this project most intently.

Tong Disktree

Apr 3, 2013, 8:43:02 AM4/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
how about compiling to cpp and generate pyc bindings using macros ?
short, unpainful way (  no ocaml :-) )
Message has been deleted

Егор Харват

Apr 18, 2013, 10:14:12 AM4/18/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Will you share it on github or somewhere else. I'd like to contribute.

Cauê Waneck

Apr 18, 2013, 12:23:27 PM4/18/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erop!
Yes, we will put it on github (it hasn't started yet). And your help will be welcome. I'll send you an email when we get this started, in May.

Ashish Ranjan

Apr 19, 2013, 7:13:12 AM4/19/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
@Erop and Waneck
  I will get back on this topic around 4th May, i will need to asess,plan on 4th and then communicate to you ppl on it. Because there is something budding in my mind, but its better to discuss that thing once i am come back on 4th May.

Ashish

Ashish Ranjan