Haxe 3.2.1 has been released!

Cauê Waneck

Oct 13, 2015, 9:44:24 AM10/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Dear community,

We just released Haxe 3.2.1 with various bug fixes. It is available at http://haxe.org/download

Make sure to check the changelog. In particular, this release fixes installation issues on OS X 10.11 'El Capitan', alongside with some C++, Java, C# and JS bug fixes.

Thank you for your support
Cauê Waneck

Patrick Gutlich

Oct 13, 2015, 10:32:02 AM10/13/15
to Haxe
Awesome, cheers!!

May I ask why there's is no longer a Raspberry Pi Binary?
Haxe v3.1.3 had one...

Franco Ponticelli

Oct 13, 2015, 11:16:40 AM10/13/15
to Haxe
Great!

michael solomon

Oct 13, 2015, 11:40:51 AM10/13/15
to Haxe
Yay! Thanks

Rafael Oliveira

Oct 13, 2015, 11:53:44 AM10/13/15
to Haxe
I'm planning to buy a raspberry pi, and I'm interested too in a updated binary for the pi. And I know there are people in the openfl and snowkit communities interested too.

Cauê Waneck

Oct 13, 2015, 12:07:13 PM10/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Our raspberry pi build machine crashed, and I still need to set it up again. I'll work to get it working again on December (I haven't got access to that raspberry pi right now)

Joshua Granick

Oct 13, 2015, 12:08:09 PM10/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
If you have an Ubuntu build environment, you could use that to do builds. I've been doing Lime builds using our Ubuntu 12.04 build server, and it worked for me on Raspbian

Joshua Granick

Oct 13, 2015, 12:08:54 PM10/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Cauê Waneck

Oct 13, 2015, 12:11:54 PM10/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It's not that simple since cross-compiling OCaml isn't that simple. I've been able to cross compile to Mac and Windows on OCaml/Linux, but I had to hack my way around it by changing the build scripts on an OCaml fork (at https://github.com/waneck/cross-ocaml ). But I'm not sure I can do that without access to a raspberry pi machine for now - we need e.g. the configured header

Justin Donaldson

Oct 13, 2015, 12:42:59 PM10/13/15
to Haxe
Great!

Patrick Gutlich

Oct 13, 2015, 4:49:09 PM10/13/15
to Haxe

Ok thanks for the answer.

I did try try to install  OCaml on my P but failed, otherwise I would have built it myself,
So I'll just have a little patience.

Cauê Waneck

Oct 13, 2015, 5:12:17 PM10/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
IIRC you need to compile OCaml from sources on the pi

Rafael Oliveira

Jan 4, 2016, 1:38:38 AM1/4/16
to Haxe
Hi, any news on haxe on the raspberry pi?

Patrick Gutlich

Jan 7, 2016, 1:30:52 PM1/7/16
to Haxe

Hey Guys,
I was able to compile haxe 3.2.1 (from git, recursive!) and 3.3.0 from git on raspbian jessie , which now provides ocaml 4.0.1
( just remember to do a 'make all' otherwise it doesn't compile neko.

The test in the tests dir runs fine (18 tests ok)
I can install libs with haxelib, for instance lime and openfl
But when I run a command like lime (lime rebuild lime linux -rpi) nothing happens for a looooong time..
There's no output to the console ( not even with -v )
And then I get : Invalid field access : split
On line 202 of lime/tools/helpers/PathHelper.hx

With haxe 3.1.3 it's ok....

Any ideas?
Or is there a better place to post this?

Rafael Oliveira

Jan 7, 2016, 9:42:37 PM1/7/16
to Haxe
lime has the option -verbose to show more info. But I don't know if this works with the rebuild process.

Laurence Taylor

Jan 8, 2016, 9:32:48 AM1/8/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You have to compile haxelib to a binary (via haxelib.n) rather than using the bundled one (which is a script calling haxe) for lime / openfl to work.

regards,
Laurence

Patrick Gutlich

Jan 9, 2016, 7:29:11 AM1/9/16
to Haxe

Thanksfor the tip Laurence

I expected `make all` to , in fact ,  make all ;)
After looking at the MakeFile I was able to call the proper targets.
So after make uninstall , make clean, make all , make tools, sudo make install, sudo make install_tools,
I now seem to have a working haxe 3.2.1 and haxelib and openfl/lime on my RaspberryPi 2 with raspbian jessie.

now I can go ahead and try to patch SDL again on the latest versions of lime.

regards,
Patrick

Simon Krajewski

Jan 9, 2016, 7:36:10 AM1/9/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 09.01.2016 um 13:29 schrieb Patrick Gutlich:

> Thanksfor the tip Laurence
>
> I expected `make all` to , in fact , make all ;)
> After looking at the MakeFile I was able to call the proper targets.

That's a bit misleading indeed. Could you open an issue or, better yet,
a pull request for this?

Simon