[OT] Rockfaller Journey

David Elahee

Jul 23, 2015, 9:16:19 AM7/23/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks !

Since there was so many tensions recently, y'all should play our latest game Rockfaller Journey (rockfaller.com)  in order to relieve yourselves !

The game is only available on the Web, Twinoid, Facebook, Kindle, Ios and Android.

It was done with haxe, as3, hxsl, templo, dbadmin, h3d, neko, tora, redis, mongo, and everything I sell you so often and of course the good old whole haxe web stack.

Thanks everybody and the maintainers, we owe a little patch, on optim or a positive though !

Long live Haxe !

--
David Elahee

whitetigle

Jul 23, 2015, 9:44:56 AM7/23/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
With all these particles flying I feel much less tension now. Thank you David ;) (Really great gfx + music BTW)

François Nicaise
https://www.linkedin.com/in/fnicaise

Freelance Game Developer / Designer
Business Relations @ FrenchCows
Gaming & Business @ Bordeaux Games

Daniel Uranga

Jul 23, 2015, 4:22:16 PM7/23/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Spanish translation is good. Nice game!

How are the mobile versions implemented?

David Elahee

Jul 23, 2015, 4:30:01 PM7/23/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
@daniel

We use a custom h3d (heaps' ancestor) on top of openfl on top of hxcpp, we have a native extensions collection and a good old haxe 3.1.3 compiler :)

Does that answer your question ?

Spanish translation is good. Nice game!

How are the mobile versions implemented?

David Elahee

Daniel Uranga

Jul 23, 2015, 4:43:02 PM7/23/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Congratulations, the game is of an impressive quality.
Will check heaps lib, mobile versions works really good.

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

Jul 23, 2015, 4:56:10 PM7/23/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Nice one, David! I'm curious though, why was AS3 used? Legacy reasons?

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Daniel Uranga <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes. Congratulations, the game is of an impressive quality.
Will check heaps lib, mobile versions works really good.

David Elahee

Jul 24, 2015, 2:55:49 AM7/24/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks !

As3 for Web. Well back 2 years ago when the tech was finalized html5 performances where crappy like very crappy compared to flash. And it still is for crappy gpu like Intel or integrated stuff.

Mainly because of pepper api and lack of guaranteed hardware compositing.

Today we could  go webgl as the situation is correct enough,still there is also encryption consideration and existing codebase consideration of course.

:)