haXe is now Haxe

Nicolas Cannasse

Apr 18, 2012, 8:57:54 AM4/18/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As announced at WWX, "haXe" is now spelled "Haxe".

I tried doing some automatic replaces on the haxe.org and other places,
please report any place it might be left ;)

Best,
Nicolas

Simon Krajewski

Apr 18, 2012, 9:01:44 AM4/18/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Juan Delgado

Apr 18, 2012, 9:36:42 AM4/18/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Bottom right of the home page says "Powered by haXe"

> --

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Ruben

Apr 18, 2012, 9:58:11 AM4/18/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
updated english haxe page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HaXe).. Except for the title..

Max

Apr 18, 2012, 10:26:35 AM4/18/12
to Haxe
Now Germans must be proud about existing programming language named
after pork :)

http://www.modernbeet.com/archives/239

On Apr 18, 2:57 pm, Nicolas Cannasse <ncanna...@motion-twin.com>

Valerie Elimak

Apr 18, 2012, 11:45:35 AM4/18/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
The Facebook page.

--
Valerie Alloix

+31633042131
Skype: thisiselimak |  @elimak
ElimakKvk273.80.385 | VAT: NL259368775B01 | VAR/0127/259368775/

Franco Ponticelli

Apr 18, 2012, 12:03:14 PM4/18/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Valerie Elimak <in...@elimak.com> wrote:
The Facebook page.

Thank you for that, just requested for Facebook to apply the change.

Franco

Mark Ford

Apr 19, 2012, 12:55:43 AM4/19/12
to Haxe
I'm vegetarian...

Baluta Cristian

Apr 19, 2012, 3:06:10 AM4/19/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I must admit it looks better now.

I'm vegetarian...

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com

Jason O'Neil

Apr 19, 2012, 3:43:50 AM4/19/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I see most of the wikipedia entry has been updated.

Anyone know how to rename the title?  Currently it comes up as "HaXe" or "haXe".  Not sure how to do a rename in wikimedia...

While we're at it, I moved the "pronounced 'hex'" line from the first sentence to further down the page.  A lot of people first time they hear of haxe will want to read about it, and may well read the wikipedia article first.  Let's make sure their first impression is about the power of haxe, not about the community bickering over pronunciation :P

Jason

Nicolas Cannasse

Apr 19, 2012, 4:16:08 AM4/19/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
> While we're at it, I moved the "pronounced 'hex'" line from /the first
> sentence/ to further down the page. A lot of people first time they

> hear of haxe will want to read about it, and may well read the wikipedia
> article first. Let's make sure their first impression is about the
> power of haxe, not about the community bickering over pronunciation :P

One of the thing we were thinking is to become agnostic for
pronunciation as well :

"Haxe can compile to many platforms, can be used from many IDE, and can
even be pronounced in many different ways" :)

Best,
Nicolas

Jason O'Neil

Apr 19, 2012, 4:31:07 AM4/19/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Nicolas Cannasse <ncan...@motion-twin.com> wrote:
One of the thing we were thinking is to become agnostic for pronunciation as well :

"Haxe can compile to many platforms, can be used from many IDE, and can even be pronounced in many different ways" :)

Hahaha I like this!

Viktor Hesselbom

Apr 19, 2012, 4:33:52 AM4/19/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You can redirect the page. I updated HaXe to redirect to Haxe. Althought now the title is just haxe...

viktor hesselbom