Building 2.09 from source

requ...@gmail.com

May 8, 2012, 11:00:46 AM5/8/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the process of setting up a native 64-bit linux development environment revolving around NME. I have no multi-arch libraries and I'm running ArchLinux.

Several of the libraries necessary for NME development are broken for svn builds of haxe (inlining throws errors in jeash and neash).

I've been trying to compile the 2.09 haxe version from source using a modified install.ml to point to the tag version 2.09, but the install.ml in svn/tags/v2-09/doc/ depends on some libraries in some CVS repositories that are no longer hosted (checkout fails to find them). Newer version of the install.ml don't seem to work at all when targeting 2.09 (it seems to expect those libraries to be coupled with the 2.09 checkout).

Has anyone had any recent success compiling haxe 2.09 from source?

I've had no problems building neko/haxe from source via the trunk, but no luck on the 2.09 version.

Nicolas Cannasse

May 8, 2012, 11:18:07 AM5/8/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 08/05/2012 17:00, requ...@gmail.com a �crit :
> I'm in the process of setting up a native 64-bit linux development
> environment revolving around NME. I have no multi-arch libraries and I'm
> running ArchLinux.
>
> Several of the libraries necessary for NME development are broken for
> svn builds of haxe (inlining throws errors in jeash and neash).
>
> I've been trying to compile the 2.09 haxe version from source using a
> modified install.ml to point to the tag version 2.09, but the install.ml
> in svn/tags/v2-09/doc/ depends on some libraries in some CVS
> repositories that are no longer hosted (checkout fails to find them).
> Newer version of the install.ml don't seem to work at all when targeting
> 2.09 (it seems to expect those libraries to be coupled with the 2.09
> checkout).
>
> Has anyone had any _recent_ success compiling haxe 2.09 from source?
>
> I've had no problems building neko/haxe from source via the trunk, but
> no luck on the 2.09 version.

We have been changing the make system just after 2.09 in order to make
things much more easy, so it will not be very easy to compile before that.

But if you want to get a post-2.09 I guess you can checkout r4493 + use
"make"

Best,
Nicolas

Andreas Mokros

May 8, 2012, 12:22:05 PM5/8/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Tue, 08 May 2012 17:18:07 +0200
Nicolas Cannasse <ncan...@motion-twin.com> wrote:
> > Several of the libraries necessary for NME development are broken
> > for svn builds of haxe (inlining throws errors in jeash and neash).

You only have to remove inline where an error shows and also null
where optional parameters should not be null. No big deal: I think 3
files must be changed in neash, jeash is already changed in current nme
svn as far as I see...

--
Mockey

Marco Salamone

May 8, 2012, 12:30:10 PM5/8/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I was using svn version of haxe, but the haxelib version of NME. So... my bad. I'll build nme from source and see what happens.