Haxe is great, but It doesn't compile to Actionscript 3 (correctly).

Daniel Ribeiro

Feb 23, 2012, 8:11:00 PM2/23/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Haxe is an amazing language. I am utterly flabbergasted by the awesome work that Nicolas Cannasse and other have put into it. It is unfortunate though that its as3 (as a source language) target doesn't work. I've assembled 7 bugs that I've found while using it for the past week on Github, specifically here.

It would be awesome if as3 was supported, as It would allows us to use all the great runtime tools at our disposal nowadays (specially runtime debugging in production).

Cheers,
- Daniel

Luca

Feb 23, 2012, 9:15:50 PM2/23/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I can honestly say I've never really seen people using the as3 target of haxe. Mainly because we can simply target swf and produce a .swc to be used from as3.

Franco Ponticelli

Feb 23, 2012, 9:24:11 PM2/23/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think at least some of the bugs you reported are consequences of changes in the SVN version. You can try compile with the last stable release and see if you have more success.

Franco

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Luca <delta...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I can honestly say I've never really seen people using the as3 target of haxe. Mainly because we can simply target swf and produce a .swc to be used from as3.

Daniel Ribeiro

Feb 23, 2012, 9:25:17 PM2/23/12
to haXe
Yeah, only 6 of them happen on the stable release, one of the is only
on the trunk.

On Feb 23, 6:24 pm, Franco Ponticelli <franco.pontice...@gmail.com>

Nicolas Cannasse

Feb 24, 2012, 7:09:58 AM2/24/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 24/02/2012 02:11, Daniel Ribeiro a �crit :

> Haxe is an amazing language. I am utterly flabbergasted by the awesome
> work that Nicolas Cannasse and other have put into it. It is unfortunate
> though that its as3 (as a source language) target doesn't work. I've
> assembled 7 bugs that I've found while using it for the past week on
> Github
> <https://github.com/danielribeiro/HaxeDoesNotCompileToActionscript>,
> specifically here
> <https://github.com/danielribeiro/HaxeDoesNotCompileToActionscript/blob/master/src/Main.hx>.

> It would be awesome if as3 was supported, as It would allows us to use
> all the great runtime tools at our disposal nowadays (specially runtime
> debugging in production).

Hi,

AS3 is not a priority target, but I usually fix bugs when I find some.
Could you report the one you found on http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues ?

Thanks,
Nicolas

Daniel Ribeiro