HaxeExamples.com ?

Matthew Wallace

May 25, 2012, 1:13:50 PM5/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey all. I had a great project Idea that I think could really be awesome and help the community a tone. I purchased http://haxeexamples.com

As a long time Flex developer I use blog.flexexamples.com all the time.

The Idea would be to have really good CookBook examples with a really great searching interface. Also a way for developers too comment and contribute code. Now that there is a discussion about the Haxe Foundation being formed I'd like to make this a small part of that.

What I need is Ideas and actual help on getting the site built and up and running. Would like to do something kind of like this http://snipplr.com/

Let me know if you would like to offer your skills to building this.

thanks,
Matthew

Joshua Granick

May 25, 2012, 1:28:28 PM5/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to have this for NME. The key is making it simple to contribute, and to provide good code highlighting.

I ended up using gist.github.com for the NME "cookbook", though I would have preferred something which embedded the code in the actual site.

Great idea

Cambiata

May 25, 2012, 2:24:45 PM5/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Great idea!
I guess that you have to decide what's the best way to synchronize the creative energies.

1. To contribute to/develop the official site/docs/examples
2. Join other creative souls in a stronger collaborative project outside the official site
3. Do your own thing on your own

There *might* be a risk with "semi-official" projects that position themselves close to the officials: If they don't succeed, or die, or are badly handled, they may cast a shadow over the main project... And in retrospect you can see that the energy would have been better invested if contributing to the officials. In the Kohana PHP community, there have been a lot of discussions about similar ideas, and the project leaders have been very clear in their restrictive attitude against "semi-official" projects...

That said, I would love to find a rich source of examples in haxeexamples.com, and I would be happy to contribute myself!

Maybe you could join with Marcelo (FullOfCaffeine) in his ideas? https://groups.google.com/d/topic/haxelang/KzrLvsV2Xrk/discussion

Jonas

Tom Hoenderdos

May 26, 2012, 4:55:08 AM5/26/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
A great idea indeed!

I have registered, TryHaxe.org and i can afford to register .com too.
If there is anything you can think of to post there, please let me know.

Currently im too busy with another project and cannot put a lot of energy in TryHaxe.org :(

Tom