Haxe 3.1.3 has been released!

Simon Krajewski

Apr 14, 2014, 5:57:13 AM4/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Dear community,

We just released Haxe 3.1.3 with various fixes. It is available at http://haxe.org/download

Make sure to check out the changelog (http://haxe.org/file/CHANGES.txt). In particular, this release fixes a standard library compatibility issue with OpenFL.

We haxe been working on extending our unit test coverage by running tests and samples of various libraries and projects such as Flambe, OpenFL, MassiveUnit and Polygonal DS. This allows us to detect breaking changes early. If you are interested in having other project tests added, please let us know!

Thank you for your support
Simon Krajewski

Simon Krajewski

Apr 14, 2014, 5:59:07 AM4/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 14.04.2014 11:57, schrieb Simon Krajewski:
We haxe been working

Obviously this typo was totally intentional.

Simon

Benjamin Dubois

Apr 14, 2014, 6:22:11 AM4/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't look laxe a typo to me.

Samuel Batista

Apr 16, 2014, 8:43:09 AM4/16/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Should add HaxeFlixel to the libs being tested.

Zdravko Beykov

Apr 16, 2014, 7:21:17 PM4/16/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, 14 April 2014 02:57:13 UTC-7, Simon Krajewski wrote:

Make sure to check out the changelog (http://haxe.org/file/CHANGES.txt). In particular, this release fixes a standard library compatibility issue with OpenFL.

Not sure how you've tested OpenFL compatibility, but I just did a clean install of haxe/lime/openfl and ios target is broken:

 ./src/haxe/io/Bytes.cpp: In member function ‘virtual Void haxe::io::Bytesobj::blit(int, haxe::io::Bytes, int, int)’:

./src/haxe/io/Bytes.cpp:55: error: ‘class Arrayobj<unsigned char>’ has no member named ‘blit’

Simon Krajewski

Apr 17, 2014, 2:06:27 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Is that with haxelib hxcpp? Your OpenFL might still be using hxlibc, I don't know if they had a release which uses hxcpp yet.

Simon

Zdravko Beykov

Apr 17, 2014, 4:39:34 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Everything is latest:
hxcpp: [3.1.30]
hxlibc: [1.1.4]
lime-tools: [1.3.2]
lime: [0.9.6]
nape: [2.0.16]
openfl-bitfive: [1.0.5]
openfl-native: [1.3.0]
openfl: [1.3.0]

Doesn't work.

Simon Krajewski

Apr 17, 2014, 4:46:34 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 17.04.2014 10:39, schrieb Zdravko Beykov:
> Everything is latest:
> hxcpp: [3.1.30]
> hxlibc: [1.1.4]
> lime-tools: [1.3.2]
> lime: [0.9.6]
> nape: [2.0.16]
> openfl-bitfive: [1.0.5]
> openfl-native: [1.3.0]
> openfl: [1.3.0]
>
> Doesn't work.

I think OpenFL has to make a release which doesn't use hxlibc. Try
removing that lib and see if it complains.

Simon

Zdravko Beykov

Apr 17, 2014, 6:08:55 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
All major versions of HaXe had different bugs with my code: (mac computer compiling to ios)

haxe 3.1.1 – macro functions should be called immediately

haxe 3.1.2 – ByteArray.hx:276: lines 276-293 : Field readDouble should be declared with ‘override’ since it is inherited from superclass

haxe 3.1.3 – that blit bug

I managed to solve my problem by using the nightly HaXe build from 2014-04-02T06:12:17.000Z .

Simon Krajewski

Apr 17, 2014, 6:57:53 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 17.04.2014 12:08, schrieb Zdravko Beykov:
> All major versions of HaXe had different bugs with my code: (mac
> computer compiling to ios)
>
> haxe 3.1.1 – macro functions should be called immediately
>
> haxe 3.1.2 – ByteArray.hx:276: lines 276-293 : Field readDouble should
> be declared with ‘override’ since it is inherited from superclass
>
> haxe 3.1.3 – that blit bug

There is no blit bug, you just have version issues because OpenFL hasn't
updated yet and the current release uses the obsolete hxlibc. That's the
third time I'm telling you this. ;)

Simon

Geo877

Apr 17, 2014, 7:38:48 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, the changes to fix the issue have been made in the git repo but don't seem to be on haxelib yet. (The issue is actually with lime which handles the native part of openfl now). There are a few big changes happening with lime and openfl at the moment to do with working more closely with nme. You should be able to solve your issue by cloning lime from the repo and rebuilding, but because of the nme changes, you'll need to get the library nme-build (instead of the old lime-build) which doesn't seem to be online yet. Everything works with 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 at the moment, and I think we'll see an update to lime on haxelib in the next few days

Jiri Musil

Apr 17, 2014, 7:42:49 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
In other thread Hugh stated he was not aware of any 3.1.3 release. I would call that a bug :D.

Haxiomic

Apr 17, 2014, 7:45:16 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
* Actually the library you need to rebuild the latest lime is nme-dev and it is online https://github.com/haxenme/nme-dev

Jiri Musil

Apr 17, 2014, 7:46:52 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Not everything works with 3.1.0 unfortunately, some libs using macros made me move to 3.1.3. Will try to dig 3.1.1 from somwhere. Yet another breaking upgrade hell ahead :(.

Simon Krajewski

Apr 17, 2014, 7:47:26 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 17.04.2014 13:42, schrieb Jiri Musil:
> In other thread Hugh stated he was not aware of any 3.1.3 release. I
> would call that a bug :D.

He must have coincidentally released hxcpp 3.1.30 just before Haxe 3.1.3
was released. It's almost as if we talk about these things internally.

Simon

Haxiomic

Apr 17, 2014, 7:56:08 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You can find 3.1.1 and all other versions here http://haxe.org/file/
http://haxe.org/file/haxe-3.1.1-osx.tar.gz

Jiri Musil

Apr 17, 2014, 8:18:41 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
My temporary fix in std/haxe/io/Bytes.hx until stuff gets synced

//        #elseif cpp
//        b.blit(pos, src.b, srcpos, len);

Haxiomic

Apr 17, 2014, 8:47:54 AM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the fix :)

Zdravko Beykov

Apr 17, 2014, 1:59:07 PM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I just assumed that when you said "In particular, this release fixes a standard library compatibility issue with OpenFL." it means that it works with OpenFL, my bad.

MrCdK

Apr 17, 2014, 2:44:46 PM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You can change the lime build library with:
lime test windows --build-library=hxcpp

Simon Krajewski

Apr 17, 2014, 4:44:37 PM4/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 16.04.2014 14:43, schrieb Samuel Batista:
> Should add HaxeFlixel to the libs being tested.

Thank you for the suggestion. The HaxeFlixel tests have been added.

Simon

Koss Poss

Oct 21, 2014, 10:13:31 AM10/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
sorry for being noob
I've tried to comment those two lines but got new error while building:

./src/__files__.cpp:1623:24: error: use of undeclared identifier '__hxcpp_set_debugger_info'

any help much appreciated

thanks

Benjamin Dubois

Oct 21, 2014, 2:48:01 PM10/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to be rude but

even a noob can start a new thread instead of posting something that has nothing to do with this thread

That is not specific to Haxe community

Koss Poss

Oct 21, 2014, 7:42:57 PM10/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Honestly I have no idea why I got

/haxe/src/haxe/io/Bytes.cpp:55:12: No member named 'blit' in 'Array_obj<unsigned char>'

which is in my opinion a have bug

I've tried to apply "fix" mentioned in this thread and got another error.

If this is no longer related to the issue with 'blit' then apologies.