ANN: pipes-aeson-0.1.0.0

Renzo Carbonara

Jun 7, 2013, 1:01:53 AM6/7/13
to haskell-pipes
pipes-aeson-0.1.0.0 is now in Hackage.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pipes-aeson-0.1.0.0

pipes-aeson is a small library that allows you to encode and decode
JSON values flowing downstream through Pipes streams, possibly
interleaving other stream effects while doing it. It uses the aeson,
pipes-parse and pipes-attoparsec libraries.

The source code can be found at:

https://github.com/k0001/pipes-aeson

Enjoy! And thanks to Gabriel and Oliver for their feedback!

Regards,

Renzo Carbonara.

Gabriel Gonzalez

Jun 8, 2013, 7:35:35 PM6/8/13
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
On 06/06/2013 10:01 PM, Renzo Carbonara wrote:
> pipes-aeson-0.1.0.0 is now in Hackage.
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pipes-aeson-0.1.0.0
>
> pipes-aeson is a small library that allows you to encode and decode
> JSON values flowing downstream through Pipes streams, possibly
> interleaving other stream effects while doing it. It uses the aeson,
> pipes-parse and pipes-attoparsec libraries.
I actually will be able to use this very soon! :) I have to write a
command line interface to a JSON API and this will work perfectly.

Renzo Carbonara

Jun 9, 2013, 11:48:24 AM6/9/13
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Gabriel Gonzalez <gabri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/06/2013 10:01 PM, Renzo Carbonara wrote:
>>
>> pipes-aeson-0.1.0.0 is now in Hackage.
>>
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pipes-aeson-0.1.0.0
>>
>> pipes-aeson is a small library that allows you to encode and decode
>> JSON values flowing downstream through Pipes streams, possibly
>> interleaving other stream effects while doing it. It uses the aeson,
>> pipes-parse and pipes-attoparsec libraries.
>
> I actually will be able to use this very soon! :) I have to write a command
> line interface to a JSON API and this will work perfectly.

Excellent!! Let me know how it goes :)

Renzo Carbonara

Jun 10, 2013, 4:43:32 PM6/10/13
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
Gabriel, I just realized I never added back your suggestion that I
should encourage users to import the `Control.Proxy.Aeson` module
qualified. I'll make sure I include that recommendation in a future
release.

Regards,

Renzo.

Gabriel Gonzalez

Jun 10, 2013, 4:45:49 PM6/10/13
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
No hurry.  After all, the `pipes` ecosystem is getting a major facelift with these 4.0 changes so there will have to be an update later on anyway.