[Haskell-cafe] Information about "definitive-base" prelude replacement

Clinton Mead

Mar 27, 2015, 3:07:09 PM3/27/15
to Haskell Cafe, marc.c...@gmail.com
I've played around a bit with "classy-prelude", but recently I stumbled into "definitive-base", on hackage here - https://hackage.haskell.org/package/definitive-base
The documentation is sparse, but there's some brief information here:

https://marc.coiffier.net/projects/definitive-framework.html

It looks interesting, but I was wondering if anyone has used it as a replacement prelude, and perhaps written/blogged on it? I'm just looking for a bit of a primer I guess.

htebalaka

Mar 29, 2015, 12:07:57 PM3/29/15
to haskel...@haskell.org
I haven't used it before, but it looks like it redefines a number of existing
typeclasses to make its own hierarchy, which I don't think will interoperate
with other libraries that still depend on the standard implementations.

Clinton Mead wrote