[Haskell-cafe] pqueue - repository and maintainer (taking over)

lennart spitzner

May 27, 2015, 4:01:46 PM5/27/15
to haskel...@haskell.org, wasserm...@gmail.com
Greetings,

Regarding the pqueue package:

1) Does anyone have any (additional) contact details for the current
maintainer/author, Louis Wasserman?
2) Is the package's repository available anywhere? The darcs link
listed in the package 404s.
3) I would be willing to take over for basic maintenance if the
current maintainer is unavailable.

The pqueue package does not compile with ghc-7.10. Fixing requires
just some quick changes (i have a working version locally). The last
upload for the package is from 2012, but the author's github account
lowasser shows some more recent activity. Yet I have not received a
reply to my e-mail from six weeks ago.

Lennart

Adam Bergmark

May 27, 2015, 4:39:25 PM5/27/15
to lennart spitzner, wasserm...@gmail.com, haskell-cafe

Sylvain Henry

May 28, 2015, 3:57:31 AM5/28/15
to Adam Bergmark, Louis Wasserman, haskell-cafe
Hi,

I have sent an email to the author two months ago about the same issue without receiving an answer either.

My version of the package since then is here: https://github.com/hsyl20/pqueue
In addition to making it compile with GHC 7.10, I have replaced all the tabs with spaces to remove the warnings.

Sylvain

Carter Schonwald

May 28, 2015, 12:30:05 PM5/28/15
to Sylvain Henry, Louis Wasserman, haskell-cafe
I think Herbert helped me recover a copy of the Darcs  repo a while ago.  I'll check my email when I'm not traveling to see if I still have it.

Louis Wasserman

May 28, 2015, 12:41:57 PM5/28/15
to Sylvain Henry, Adam Bergmark, haskell-cafe
Hmmm.  I may have a go at this over the weekend; I haven't done anything in a while but I will try to make some time.

David Feuer

May 28, 2015, 1:09:25 PM5/28/15
to lennart spitzner, Louis Wasserman, haskel...@haskell.org
Whoever takes over maintenance may want to consider producing unboxed versions.

Louis Wasserman

May 28, 2015, 1:28:09 PM5/28/15
to David Feuer, lennart spitzner, haskel...@haskell.org
Um.  Hi.

I don't think I have much bandwidth to devote to maintaining this.  I'd prefer to retain author tags, but I'm happy if someone else wants to take over routine maintenance.

Adam Bergmark

May 28, 2015, 1:34:58 PM5/28/15
to Louis Wasserman, haskel...@haskell.org
Thanks for letting us know Louis!

Simplest way to proceed is for someone to give you their hackage user name so you can add them to the maintainer group: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pqueue/maintainers/edit

Cheers,
Adam

Louis Wasserman

May 28, 2015, 1:43:05 PM5/28/15
to Tobias Brandt, lennart spitzner, haskel...@haskell.org
No, it's not; I never did put it up on github.

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:18 PM Tobias Brandt <tob.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have an open pull request for this issue since February:
https://github.com/bumptech/haskell-pqueue/pull/2

But I don't even know whether this is the official repository.

Carter Schonwald

May 28, 2015, 1:58:47 PM5/28/15
to Louis Wasserman, Tobias Brandt, haskel...@haskell.org
Louis, do you have that repo Herbert emailed you, or was that a different code base?

lennart spitzner

May 28, 2015, 4:29:09 PM5/28/15
On 28/05/15 03:07, Sylvain Henry wrote:
> My version of the package since then is here:
> https://github.com/hsyl20/pqueue
> In addition to making it compile with GHC 7.10, I have replaced all the
> tabs with spaces to remove the warnings.

I just checked: my changes are almost identical. I use slightly
different imports to ensure backwards-compatability (i tested down to
ghc-7.2.2) and i removed the Typeable.h warning.

@Louis: ah, good to hear you are alive :)

lennart spitzner

Jun 24, 2015, 5:08:22 PM6/24/15
to haskel...@haskell.org
Greetings; finally an update:

pqueue-1.3.0 is now live; finally ghc-7.10 compatibility :)
(tested with ghc-7.2 through ghc-7.10.2rc1.)

Louis kindly made me co-maintainer. I created a github repo, so if I
forgot to update anything you can use the issue-tracker over there :)

Lennart

Adam Bergmark

Jun 24, 2015, 5:21:32 PM6/24/15
to lennart spitzner, haskell-cafe