[Haskell-cafe] Taking over protocol-buffers package

Kostiantyn Rybnikov

May 27, 2015, 10:32:42 AM5/27/15
to Chris Kuklewicz, haskell-cafe
Hi Chris and Cafe!

I've sent Chris an email couple days ago, this is another one to have haskell-cafe CCed in order to request maintainership of protocol-buffers package.

Stefan Wehr actually tried to contact Chris long time ago, and thus you can see current "riak" package depends upon protocol-buffers-fork package, created to add support for GHC 7.8.

I'd like to incorporate work from protocol-buffers-fork, add support for GHC 7.10, and also move project to GitHub and add some README with at least basic tutorial.

Thanks! Awaiting few weeks now :)

Adam Bergmark

May 27, 2015, 4:37:33 PM5/27/15
to Kostiantyn Rybnikov, haskell-cafe, Chris Kuklewicz

Kostiantyn Rybnikov

May 28, 2015, 1:05:36 AM5/28/15
to Andrey Sverdlichenko, haskell-cafe, Chris Kuklewicz
My hackage id is k_bx, if needed.

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Andrey Sverdlichenko <bl...@ruddy.ru> wrote:
Go ahead, it took almost a year to push my patch to protocol-buffers,
active maintainer is definitely needed.

Andrey Sverdlichenko

May 28, 2015, 3:02:12 PM5/28/15