[Haskell-cafe] 503 on upload to Hackage?

Magnus Therning

Apr 26, 2015, 2:55:31 AM4/26/15
to Haskell Cafe
Yesterday and today I made a few releases of a package to Hackage. On
each upload I get a 503 error. This is the text:

~~~
Error 503 backend read error

backend read error
Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-fra1229-FRA 1430030130 1668038750

Varnish cache server
~~~

I'm guessing this isn't expected behaviour. Has anyone else seen
this?

/M

--
Magnus Therning OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: mag...@therning.org jabber: mag...@therning.org

Finagle's Second Law:
Always keep a record of data -- it indicates you've been working.

Michael Snoyman

Apr 26, 2015, 2:57:04 AM4/26/15
to Magnus Therning, Haskell Cafe
I see it regularly on my uploads, but it doesn't seem to prevent the upload from succeeding.

Magnus Therning

Apr 26, 2015, 3:05:26 AM4/26/15
to Michael Snoyman, Haskell Cafe
On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 06:56:56AM +0000, Michael Snoyman wrote:
> I see it regularly on my uploads, but it doesn't seem to prevent the
> upload from succeeding.

Indeed, I should have added that all my uploads have arrived as
expected on Hackage.

/M

--
Magnus Therning OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: mag...@therning.org jabber: mag...@therning.org
twitter: magthe http://therning.org/magnus

The results point out the fragility of programmer expertise: advanced
programmers have strong expectations about what programs should look like,
and when those expectations are violated--in seemingly innocuous
ways--their performance drops drastically.
-- Elliot Soloway and Kate Ehrlich