VistA Community Meeting March 20-22

Nancy Anthracite

Feb 21, 2017, 4:12:30 PM2/21/17
to Hardhats, Architecture, EWD Community, vista
With the transition of the administration and the 2 factor authentication
deadline inside the VA, we are probably not going to have many VA folks give
us updates as much as we would like them. IHS is stuck betwixt and between as
well. Sadly, even eHMP may be closed off from providing an update and demo.

This is an opportunity to share your smaller projects with the community in
less than 45 minute presentations if you wish. If you have some of that code
in flight working, you might like to show us that since it is not likely the VA
staff will be doing it for us. How about the work done in code convergence
and with Vivian, etc.? Maybe Sam and others will have some success wih eHMP
by the time of the meeting.

Has anyone tackled that scheduling software that came out in code-in-flight?
I am itching to see what all the scheduling fuss about. We have been hearing
enough about it in the press. Probably, like you, I am hoping the VA home-
folks win since those outside of the VA who use VistA will probably win with
them. Not to mention, we tax payers will win. On the other hand, there are
some very nice solutions in the community that maybe the VA will decide to
adopt if we show them again. It is very likely the VA developers never got
to see the open source solutions in the first place and would gain some
insight. It seems once that open source contest was over, it was out of
sight, out if mind for the VA.

How about the pregnancy tracking software that just came out in code in flight?
I am actually hoping to get a look at that since we have had some success
getting the flow sheets working. Anyone want to try with me?

To the best of my knowledge, the meeting will be both streamed and recorded.
so if you can't attend, you can still show us what you have learned.

And then there is the elephant in the room - the plan for the VA to replace
VistA. I think we need to discuss that elephant at some length as well for a
larger audience to see.

Nancy Anthracite