Ole error on Harbour, ok with xHarbour

Antonio Linares

Apr 16, 2013, 7:26:42 AM4/16/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
A xHarbour user that is migrating to Harbour has reported us this uncompatibility that works fine with xHarbour:

Oevent:CustomProperties:Property("ID") = anyvalue gives the following error

planninghrb.prg(838) Error E0022 Invalid lvalue ':'

He asked us to resend the question to you, thanks

regards

Antonio

ToninhoFWi

Apr 16, 2013, 11:58:30 AM4/16/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
>>Oevent:CustomProperties:Property("ID") = anyvalue gives the following error
Hi Antonio.

Please try: Oevent:CustomProperties:ID = anyvalue

Regards,

Toninho.

Antonio Linares

Apr 16, 2013, 12:03:52 PM4/16/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Toninho,

Forwarded to the user, thanks :-)

regards

Antonio

2013/4/16 ToninhoFWi <tonin...@yahoo.com.br>

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com

Antonio Linares

Apr 16, 2013, 2:40:54 PM4/16/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com, alin...@fivetechsoft.com
Not working (he just tested it)

Antonio

Pablo Medina

Apr 16, 2013, 2:53:04 PM4/16/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
I understand i am not helping, but ,a similar question was posted more than one year ago, with 0 replies ?

Przemyslaw Czerpak

Apr 16, 2013, 5:41:25 PM4/16/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 16 Apr 2013, Antonio Linares wrote:

Hi,

> A xHarbour user that is migrating to Harbour has reported us this
> uncompatibility that works fine with xHarbour:

He simply does not know what his talking about ;-)

> Oevent:CustomProperties:Property("ID") = anyvalue gives the following error
>
> planninghrb.prg(838) Error E0022 Invalid lvalue ':'

Perfect behavior. Just like in Clipper, xBase++ and most of other
compatible dialects with basic syntax verification at compile time.

> He asked us to resend the question to you, thanks

It's wrong group. xHarbour bugs should not be reported here.
If you plan to write to xHarbour list then you can attach
this example:

proc main()
local o := errorNew()
o:cargo( "bla bla bla", "ABC" + date() / .f. ) := 123
? o:cargo
o:cargo( "this is xHarbour bug" ) := "any"
? o:cargo
o:cargo( "becaue", "it", "does", "not", "report" ) := date()
? o:cargo
o:cargo( "compile", "time", "error", "for", "method" ) := time()
? o:cargo
o:cargo( "call used in assigment", ;
"what I reported few times" ) := .t.
? o:cargo
return

Just like the code above it's shows that xHarbour accepts method calls
with any idiotic parameters as lvalue in assignment operations.
Of course all such parameters does not have any meaning and xHarbour
without any errors or warnings generate code like for instance variable
assignment so
o:cargo( "bla bla bla", "ABC" + date() / .f. ) := 123
it's the same as:
o:cargo := 123
and:
Oevent:CustomProperties:Property("ID") = anyvalue
it's the same as:
Oevent:CustomProperties:Property = anyvalue

It's really funny to see such messages about "correct code working
for years".

regards,
Przemek

Antonio Linares

Apr 17, 2013, 12:31:24 AM4/17/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Przemek,

many thanks for your clarification and help,

best regards

Antonio

Juan Gálvez

Apr 17, 2013, 3:34:15 AM4/17/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Przemek,

I'm happy to see you here again. Your comments are always valuable and
instructive.

Best regards
Juan

El 16/04/2013 23:41, Przemyslaw Czerpak escribi�:

Antonio Linares

Apr 17, 2013, 10:02:39 AM4/17/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Solved with this workaround:

oevent:customproperties:_Property("id",CID)

thanks

Antonio

Juan Francolino

Apr 17, 2013, 11:41:59 AM4/17/13
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio,

Thanks Antonio for sharing the solution.

Some people find it hard to be friendly.

Regards,

Juan

El 17/04/2013 11:02 a.m., Antonio Linares escribi�: