Virginia Bronze in Concert, Alexandria VA

fran underwood

Oct 14, 2016, 2:30:37 AM10/14/16
to Handbell-l

This Sunday!

Virginia Bronze Handbell Ensemble presents:

Our Journey: Celebrating a Decade of Ringing

October 16, 2016 @ 4:00 PM

George Washington National Masonic Memorial Theater

101 Callahan Dr, Alexandria VA

Virginia Bronze is proud to celebrate our tenth year of ringing in the Nation's Capital with a special concert, featuring our favorite pieces from the past decade, and the premiere performance of a work commissioned just for this occasion, Journey of Discovery, by Jason W. Krug.

Repertoire includes:

Gaudeamus (Sherman)

Five Four Waltz (Lowenberg)

Nova (Payn)

Reverie and Roundelay (Philips)

Toccata Ritmica (Joy)

Carillon (Vierne/Gramann)

Finale from Carnival of the Animals (trans. Hanson, unpublished)

A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (trans. Martin, unpublished)

Route 66 (arr. Milliman)

Journey of Discovery (Krug, currently unpublished)

Tickets are available at the door or visit www...@vabronze.org