Ringers moving to Oklahoma

Ken and Linda Lamb

Sep 24, 2016, 9:24:50 AM9/24/16
to Handbell-L

A family of three ringers (mother and two sons) are moving to Oklahoma, planning to live in the south or east of Oklahoma City.  The older boy said to me, "We have to find a church with handbells."  (Ask me, did that do my heart good?)

I've searched the guild directory and not found much beyond Oklahoma Baptist University in the area where they plan to live.  They gave me the following zip codes as possibilities to search:  74804, 74801, 73020, qne 73049.

Last September was the first time ringing for all three family members.  The boys take piano lessons, and mom seems to do fine reading music, also.  They played mostly Level One music, with a smattering of L2.

If anyone out there knows of a church with handbells that might be close to where they plan to live, I'd love to be able to present them with the information.

I did remind them that not all churches with handbells are members of the guild, so searching the web sites of churches they were interested in would tell them if there were handbells there.  I also told them about people in the guild who might be able to help them.  After all, I'm in the guild, but I can name several churches in the immediate area that have handbells but aren't members of the guild.

If you want to contact me off list, my email is kenla...@msn.com

Thanks!  I really hope these people can continue ringing, even though they did leave a rather large hole in my group!

Linda Lamb

Southern Maryland